• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rugged Obsidian Fixed Mount

LEROYRECCE

RECCE
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Anyone know where I can find a Rugged Obsidian Fixed Mount?

I am looking for 1/2x28 and .578x28

I am not having any luck finding any of them for the last couple months.

Thanks for the help!

Save your money, just buy a fixed barrel spacer.

There's no reason to use a fixed mount in that silencer unless it's a thread pattern that doesn't fit within the diameter of a piston, and both of those thread sizes you're looking for fit into a piston. Any weight or overall length you save is minimal at best and realistically won't be noticed in use.

Using a piston and a fixed barrel spacer is far superior. Not only will it usually have less first round pop, it'll also make it so when you unscrew the silencer from the barrel you aren't leaving any part of the silencer assembly behind attached to the barrel. Commonly using a fixed mount will leave the fixed mount on the barrel when you uninstall the silencer instead of coming off the barrel as one assembly. That doesn't happen with a piston and fixed barrel spacer because the spokes are locked in place rotationally both directions. That's particularly important to know if it's going under a handguard. It'll also make it so your piston cage won't get fouled up where the piston spokes sit.

If you already have the piston, then get the fixed barrel spacer for $40 on Rugged’s website or find one online. It replaces the spring in the piston booster assembly. I also have the 5/8-24 fixed mount for a .300 blackout AR Because they don’t make a 5/8-24 piston.

You could easily have a fixed spacer machined if you can’t find one.

Reactions: LEROYRECCE