• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ruined My Suppressor....

zachary shpall

Zcarphunter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Colorado
So I finally did it.... put a 30 cal round through my 556 AAC can! Dump Ass that I am.....So I have Emailed, Called , Snail-Mailed AAC Advanced Armamament Corp at least 30 times over 2 months...No return response of any kind!!! The Gun industry in my opinion has shown the best customer service in the world until this unfortunate event . Does anyone have any insight, advice, experience to relate about this situation? I would appreciate any input , Thanks in advance...

AAC was owned by remington who filed for bankruptcy. AAC was recently sold off and it may be a while before you get some solid customer service. Unfortunate timing with everything going on but Im sure if you hold onto your can and wait until after their transition in ownership, you will get taken care of.

So I finally did it.... put a 30 cal round through my 556 AAC can! Dump Ass that I am.....So I have Emailed, Called , Snail-Mailed AAC Advanced Armamament Corp at least 30 times over 2 months...No return response of any kind!!! The Gun industry in my opinion has shown the best customer service in the world until this unfortunate event . Does anyone have any insight, advice, experience to relate about this situation? I would appreciate any input , Thanks in advance...

I have a guy in Colorado that will build you're suppressor. He rebuilt mine and did a great job. I had an old monocore suppressor. He rebuilt it and even installed Keymo. It is a great build.

iaTmV5t.jpg

0yJZe4Y.jpg
IHW6UBw.jpg
eV3euB1.jpg
i9jJlVF.jpg

Last edited:
Doh sorry to hear it! I wouldn’t count on hearing from AAC given the bankruptcy thing. I wonder if a different mfg could possibly do something for it.

Did the big round go all the way through? I’ve always been curious what would happen in that event.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Doh sorry to hear it! I wouldn’t count on hearing from AAC given the bankruptcy thing. I wonder if a different mfg could possibly do something for it.

Did the big round go all the way through? I’ve always been curious what would happen in that event.

I’ve always been curious also. Always thought it would blow the end off

Interested as well to see. Blow a hole in the end cap? Sorry to hear man, that’s super disappoint 😩

Sorry for your brain fart. I have always advised that it is a waste of a tax stamp to buy any center fire can smaller than 30 Cal. We use the same cans on 5.56, 6, 6.5, 7mm and 30 cal. You give up very little in performance with a 30 cal can on a 5.56 your ears are not good enough to tell a difference although sophisticated sound test equipment will show some advantage to using a can that matches your bore. Follow the money. Can manufactures are in business to make money, the more cans they sell the more they make. Simple , they are not going to tell you one good 30 cal can will meet most of your needs. If you are a can junkie, please indulge yourself, buy as many as you want. For me it is just a tool.

ECCO would be my first choice if I wanted something done to it, any time soon.

JJE Capital Holdings company won the bid for the AAC name and IP, I doubt they will honor warranties from the previous AAC. They are not under any obligation to do so.

Edit:it is JJE capital not Primary Arms

Last edited:
ECCO would be my first choice if I wanted something done to it, any time soon.

PRIMARY ARMs holding company won the bid for the AAC name and IP, I doubt they will honor warranties from the previous AAC. They are not under any obligation to do so.
Even if they did cover previous warrantees, I doubt shooting a 30 through a 5.56 is covered

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Sorry to hear the uh oh. I would look in to a Rugged 762 Surge. They are multi cal and Mike up there says he will fix damage no matter how dumb the mistake was.

Man that does suck. I too would be interested in seeing the damage. Was anyone hurt?

My good buddy is waiting on a tax stamp for his Saker 556. I’ll have to mention this thread to him.

My good buddy is waiting on a tax stamp for his Saker 556. I’ll have to mention this thread to him.
AAC and Silencerco aren't the same company. Although Silencerco has ignored my questions regarding my SWR Omega. They bought SWR but apparently don't feel the need to cover their products.

AAC and Silencerco aren't the same company. Although Silencerco has ignored my questions regarding my SWR Omega. They bought SWR but apparently don't feel the need to cover their products.
Yeah, I do know they are different. I was more referring to the shooting of a 30 cal bullet through a 5.56 can. I am worried about him doing this when he gets his 5.56 can.

Reactions: jzerfoss
Yeah, I do know they are different. I was more referring to the shooting of a 30 cal bullet through a 5.56 can. I am worried about him doing this when he gets his 5.56 can.
Just gotta be careful and always mindful of it. I do not let friends/family change around suppressors and if they ask to I’m always mindful and double checking them. I own 14 cans lot of different calibers and always running multiple. Never had an issue, hope never have one.

Ouch that hurts. Good luck on the fox 👍

I spoke to the guy at ECCO Fabrication! What a guy , will repair end for $50... i didnt damage any internals, thank goodness . thanx for the suggestion! Z

Attachments

• sQRSZb8ERkewncaOSz2NxA.jpg
    sQRSZb8ERkewncaOSz2NxA.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 305
  • QlWtS0NuR3KwbYo1eiWkug.jpg
    QlWtS0NuR3KwbYo1eiWkug.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 310
  • gq1NdJHhS52M3qxrgqA5vA.jpg
    gq1NdJHhS52M3qxrgqA5vA.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 284
I spoke to the guy at ECCO Fabrication! What a guy , will repair end for $50... i didnt damage any internals, thank goodness . thanx for the suggestion! Z
That's awesome! Good to hear there is someone out there who will service AAC cans while the company is on hiatus.

Reactions: Bender
LOL good luck. I couldn’t get AAC to repair a defective can. The first 3 times it went back they covered the issue and sent it back. The 4th time they finally admitted it was fucked and said they can’t repair it and offered to replace it with a lesser can that didn’t have the same features (that I specifically bought this can for) and I’d have to pay the tax stamp too. Even if AAC was still reachable you’d be wasting your time.

Reactions: Bender and jrhtx
I did the same thing with my M4-2000. I was lucky in that i was shooting subs, but my dump ass didnt catch it until the second round. Bulged the end cap just a bit (fixed with a dead blow hammer) and looks like it took a little chip out of the first baffle but works and sounds fine so i just run it. Its the only 556 can i own and will be the last. Good to know there is a place like ECCO out there if anything goes really wrong.

I would have him change mounts while he has it. What do you think AAC will do for you when that 51t latch eventually wears out?

Reactions: Holliday

Did he give you a time frame? I need my sdn6 converted to get away from the 51t system.

Glad to help! He does good work as shown in my pictures above. Here is the Ecco rebuilt suppressor on my AR10. Ready for my Nomad to come in to compare the two.

Reactions: TACC
Did he give you a time frame? I need my sdn6 converted to get away from the 51t system.

He's pretty backed up, but it costs nothing to get on his list. He will contact you when he wants you to send it in.
If I had an issue with my AAC can, I'd send it to him, no question about it.

I had him convert my old M4-1000 with 18t mount to the Omega mount pattern. I'm now using the Dead Air Keymo mounts on everything.
The work is VERY impressive.

48839303513_f844732b17_h.jpg

48861985297_e799675a97_h.jpg

Reactions: AMGtuned
Can't say enough about @eccomachine . His work is exemplary, and he has a willingness to help that you will not find in a big box manufacturer. I know that converting the AAC pattern mounts has been a thing for him. He also offers his own brake/mount solution if you don't have a specific preference to yours already

ECCO converted my SDN6 to omega threads to use a Plan B. Ended up swapping out the plan B for the Area419 Hellfire mounts and couldn’t be happier with them. Definitely have them get you away from the 51T mounts if you’re sending it in anyway.

Yeah. I have an omega already. So I'd go that way, but I'm tempted to change over top the area 419 stuff. Never ending $$$ cycle with the mounts.

Sorry to hear the uh oh. I would look in to a Rugged 762 Surge. They are multi cal and Mike up there says he will fix damage no matter how dumb the mistake was.
I've heard amazing things about Rugged's suppressors and their warranty. Which is why I decided to go with an Obsidian 45 for my pistol can. Can't wait till my stamps come back. If it can handle up to .45-70 and .450 Bushmaster on a 16" barrel, that's one HELL of a robust pistol can! That would be cool on a .350 Legend bolt-action. I've considered picking one of the new Ruger Ranch threaded .350 Legend rifles up to tinker with... Also I definitely plan on picking one up in .300 BLK and 6.5 Grendel, in future, so I'll probably get them first, then maybe a .350 Legend, to add to the lineup.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.54.07 PM.png

Reactions: Holliday
ECCO converted my SDN6 to omega threads to use a Plan B. Ended up swapping out the plan B for the Area419 Hellfire mounts and couldn’t be happier with them. Definitely have them get you away from the 51T mounts if you’re sending it in anyway.

can you tell me how much he charged for this?

But how did you get a 30 cal bullet down a 556 barrel? :)
Not sure if serious, but I’ll take a go... Probably a can that uses a “universal mount” so that you can move it to several different guns. The op had the same mount on a 223 and a 30 Cal rifle and wasn’t paying sufficient attention when he mounted the suppressor to the gun. This is why several in this thread have suggested avoiding the 223 specific cans and sticking to 30 cal. Of course, if you have a gun with a bigger bore than 30 cal you are back in the same boat, though you could keep a specific mount on your bigger than 30 cal guns to avoid the issue.

Yeah that makes sense. That is why I do prefer to use direct threaded cans instead of universal mounts. Too easy to make a mistake.

I did know of a guy who was able to "chamber" and shoot a 300 blackout into a 556 chamber. It did go bang...once! Thankfully he was not hurt too bad.

Reactions: Bender
Yeah that makes sense. That is why I do prefer to use direct threaded cans instead of universal mounts. Too easy to make a mistake.

I did know of a guy who was able to "chamber" and shoot a 300 blackout into a 556 chamber. It did go bang...once! Thankfully he was not hurt too bad.
That sounds painful and yes once would be enough.

For sure and it is a solid reminder to ALWAYS wear eye protection. I have been getting a little sloppy with that until I heard a story recently of a case rupturing inside of an incorrectly chambered rifle. From now on I make sure my eye pro is in my bag before I even consider loading up anything else.