• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors running a suppress with a glock 22lr conversion?

mrwiggins

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
Louisiana
are any of you guys running a glock with 22lr conversion kit and a suppressor? i'm thinking about getting into suppressors and i think this would be a good option. also what kits are you running? let me know and i appreciate any input i can get.

sorry if this has been discussed, i didn't see anything and my search fu may not be strong today

Re: running a suppress with a glock 22lr conversion?

If you want to shoot a Glock .22lr conversion with a suppressor be careful if using one of the kits with a moving barrel, like the Advantage Arms kits. Are you familiar with the piston systems used in pistol-caliber suppressors for moving barrel pistol hosts? Such a thing isn't used by any of the major suppressor manufacturers for .22lr suppressors. So, if you use a heavier suppressor, like the very nice SWR Spectre, it is too heavy to reliably cycle on the moving barrel AA kit. A lighter weight suppressor, like a 22Sparrow, will cycle.

Tactical Solutions was working on a Glock conversion that did not have a moving barrel but I have not played with one yet.

I'm confused.
The barrel on my AA kit clamps about as firmly to the frame as my Sig P-220-22(or my Kimber .22 kit, for that matter).
None of these things are Browning tilt barrel designs, they're all pure blowback.
Having said that, I have heard a few reports of the half pound Spectre causing enough droop on the barrel of AA kits to inhibit cycling in some cases.
If I ever get my G19 back from my daughter, I'll get an extended barrel to adapt and put the Spectre on.

Who else besides Ciener makes a Glock conversion? Hard to see how his could be any different functionally.

I'm new to this fellas, i have a few 22lr pistols, but nothing i can easily suppress. thats why i was thinking about a glock conversion. think of me as a complete noob, i need guidance

I am running a Advantage Arms .22 conversion on my G-19 with an AAC Element suppressor. Works great. Been very happy with both the AA conversion kit and the AAC Element. Had the barrel threading done by Tornado Technologies (highly recommended place to do business with for threading).

What other pistols do you have?
A Ruger can easily be threaded, or have a threaded PacLite upper put on. The S&W 422/622/2206 adapts instantly by replacing the barrel nut with an adapter.
PacLite barrels are available for BuckMarks.
There are always the (Ugh!) Walther P-22 and Walther Mosquito.
Tornado Tech can thread most barrels.

I should have the TacSol conversion and one of their monolithic titanium 22 suppressors in for some testing soon. The folks we talked to from TacSol said it works quite well. While industry talk is sometimes cheap, I have used their other 22 conversions with small cans and they functioned well. The glock uses the same system, so it should be on par.

If you find an AA kit there are always extended barrels in stock for order and the diameter is such that the extended barrel can be threaded to accpt the Sig Mousquito adapters. I have done a few this way but the AA kits are never available so I gave up on that business plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrwiggins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are any of you guys running a glock with 22lr conversion kit and a suppressor?</div></div>

Yes, I have six (6) Advantage Arms .22lr rimfire conversion kits dedicated to various Glock frame, and I've never had any issues with any of them. Four of the kits are threaded 1/2"-28tpi.

I cancelled my order for an Advantage Arms conversion kit as soon as I got word of TacSol's kit coming out. I had the AA kit on order for over 14 months when I cancelled it and it did not look like I was going to get it anytime soon, estimates were in the 6 to 8 more months range. I spoke with the folks at TacSol last week and they told me it would be sometime this winter before I saw the one ordered from them. I believe it will be well worth the wait as the idea of it being in keeping with the original weight of my Glock is a huge benefit to my training. The incorporation of the Black Dog mags in their system makes it that much more desirable. I run Black Dog mags in my M4 conversion and they work flawlessly and have held up to some pretty rough range use. I did get the longer threaded barrel Glock conversion kit for use with my AAC Pilot and think that should be good fun had by all. As soon as someone gets one of these units please post your feedback and some pictures. Being able to train with low cost .22's has certainly helped me continue to get quality range sessions in without breaking the bank.

Danel, as soon as mine comes in and I get some time behind it, I will get a review up.....maybe I can swing it by Houston for a little visit.