• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Running scope and RMR likes?

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
I know with all the options in 1-8 and 1-6 scopes there is not a lot of need to run a scope and a mini red dot like the RMR. But, the RMR is only one oz! Plus I like the dual version that is tritium. So, if you are running a traditional scope and an RMR type how do you like it? I was thinking about the NF 2.5-10 and the RMR for my SPR rifle but it is a $ 400 + experiment if I do not like it. I guess I can always throw it on another gun if I do not like it but I am curious how people like them. I have read alot but it seems like everything is very old. Thanks

Yes, run one in 3 gun and after spending the time to get good with it I could never go back. Make sure to set it up so you can just roll the rifle and have proper ailment with the dot, if you have to search for it that defeats the purpose.

Reactions: waveslayer
Yeh, I may just try it and see how I like it. Most of the 1-8 scopes except for the NF are around 25 oz. and the NF 2.-10 is only 21 oz, so it is not like you are giving up weight at all. I think it is like anything it is more about the training then the gear. If you get fast with it and used to it then it should work well. I am going to eventually try both. I already have the PA Platinum 1-8 which I love but it is a heavy beast for sure and this scope would be going on an 18" SPR type rifle vs a do all rifle.