• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

russian vss ever seen one?

Re: russian vss ever seen one?

Yeah...good luck finding 9x39 ammo!! OUCH!! I'm not even sure what case you might be able to use to form brass for reloading.

Something in the same class that could be used in an AR-15 rifle without too much trouble would be something like the 35 Gremlin (6.5 Grendel necked up to .358) or, if you really want a boomer of a .358, then the .358 WSSM.

It is a 7.62x39 case necked up to 9mm, either the 9.3mm or the .358 cal.
So, yes, you could build an AR with a grendel or 7.62x39 bolt and a barrel chambered for the cartridge or just wild cat your own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a 7.62x39 case necked up to 9mm, either the 9.3mm or the .358 cal.</div></div>

DOH!!! I must have had a brain-fart moment to miss that when I said I wasn't sure what case you'd use to form brass. Makes perfect sense.

sounds like a lot of work for the unknown of how it would perform suppressed and all. I just like the idea of a suppressed subsonic round in a semi auto that has some range and accuracy to it. wonder if it'd be easier or cheaper to do in an AK style receiver.

For years we have had and used fully supressed rifles that chamber the .45 ACP round. I have used these for culling game, and they are as accurate as anything you could practically wish for...still in production and based on the British Lee enfield No 4 action and taking a regular 1911 magazine.

From our point of view, they are extra nice becuase the silencer is integral (not removable at all) so we don't need to register the silencer...have a look at www.armalon.com

I have used the chinese version of the VSS...in a unique rimless version of the .32 ACP...also comes as a full auto and again, silencer is integral and not detachable. They suck- good enough for 25m head shots only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Don Heath D.Sc.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For years we have had and used fully supressed rifles that chamber the .45 ACP round. I have used these for culling game, and they are as accurate as anything you could practically wish for...still in production and based on the British Lee enfield No 4 action and taking a regular 1911 magazine.

From our point of view, they are extra nice becuase the silencer is integral (not removable at all) so we don't need to register the silencer...have a look at www.armalon.com
</div></div>

Believe that rifle is known as a De Lisle carbine.

They still make 'em in the USA and they look freakin sweet.

That would be quite a fun rifle to have. It must have an....intersting trajectory.