• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rust-Oleum AR-10 FDE (updated pics)

hpic55

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2010
MASS
I am attempting to post some crappy pics of my AR-10 Build. As it sits it is not ready but getting close so I took some pics to post.

ar-10002.jpg

ar-10001.jpg

The FDE color of the rail is TROY and the rest is Magpul.

It is not a true match but close enough for gov work.
I ordered a Clamshell from Bushmaster and they sent the ar15 not 10 so I have to send it back before I can do the barrel right and then the gas system. I am also waiting on a 308 vortex FH for the front and just got a Bushnell 4200 Elite 4-14X44 with the illum mill dot.

Anyway enjoy.

Update;

I still don't have the right action block to spec the barrel but threw on the rest of the parts to see how she will look. I might have to get the Rust-oleum back out for a little more love. My ADD kicked in and Ihad to throw the parts on just to see so I figured Id post the update.

Thank you Max and Dennis for all the help.

I think this is going to be a crew served weapon by the time I'm done!!

ar-10-2002.jpg

ar-10-2003.jpg

Re: Rust-Oleum AR-10 FDE

Nice job, Pic. Just like your 1911 build, impressive. It's come a long way since the stripped lower receiver it was. I'm sure that your completed rifle will shoot as good as it looks.

Doh!

You know you wnat one.

Don't worry Im sure your wife will understand!!
Just tell her you neeeeeeeeeeeeeed another rifle.

Nice, you might try some "Matte or Flat" clear top coat to dull the shine. Be careful though Rusto rattle can paint doesn't take secondary coats very well...it make krinkle.