• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rust?

wmn2

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
Has anyone had problems with rust on the outside of their dies? Mine are starting to get light surface rust on them. I have no problem cleaning them up, but does anyone have any tips to prevent it? I take care of my stuff, so this is driving me nuts.

This might be the only good use for Oneshot, in my book. Spray a nice coat on them. Or some gun oil. I had this problem, when I reloaded in my garage. After you oil them, store them in a heavy Zip Lock bag.

Thank you for the help! I have some remington dri lube that I use on some things. Think that will work?

Probably. Anything that will form a barrier, against the moisture. I think the plastic bag is just as crucial. Cold metal attracts condensation. Any way to keep the moisture out is good. I also li
Ke those Glad food storage containers. Cheap and the bag can get holes after awhile. Good luck.

I use a thin coat of Birchwood Casey Sheath (now Barricade).

A dry area helps a lot.

But surface rust on the outside does not hurt the die.

I used to have rust problems till I put a dehumidifier in the loading area. I keep the humidity < 40% and that stopped my rust demons.