• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rw snyder smithing question

jimbob_walker

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
Conneaut lake pa
im thinking about purchasing a rw snyder built rifle but i dont know much about them. do any of you have a rifle built by them and if so how do you like it?

also, what do you guys think of the lawton 7000 recievers?

Re: rw snyder smithing question

I have a rifle built by him, although not on a Lawton action. It is a great shooting rifle. I would definitely use his services in the future.

Eddie

He can build a shooter. He barreled a M2008 action for me in a 300WM. It's extremely accurate and well done.

Lawton I would shy away from only because parts could be hard to come by if it were to break, they are no longer in business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He can build a shooter. He barreled a M2008 action for me in a 300WM. It's extremely accurate and well done.

Lawton I would shy away from only because parts could be hard to come by if it were to break, they are no longer in business.

</div></div>
is the receiver breaking something common? i dont haVE any experience with anything but factory rifles, so please excuse my lack of knowlege. say it were to break, would it be difficult to have another custom recieve put on?

the reason im wanting to buy this rifle is because i would like to compete some day. i started out with a 308 to practice and learn from and now i want to move into something im not going to want to change in a month or two. the caliber is a 260. the rifle is set up exactly the way i want to to be except i was sure on how the lawton stacked up to other customs.

i have a 6.5 CM and .223 - both will shoot one ragged hole at a 100 and well under half moa at a thousand.

i like the prompt service (fast-fast) and reliable finish time, almost as much as the accuracy.

Robert is definitely GTG. Great communication, nice prices, and builds a shooter. He built me a rifle on a 700 action that has been nothing short of awesome.

I have fired 2 of Roberts builds, a 300 Norma and 338 Norma and they were both amazingly accurate. The fit and finish was exceptional. If I ever find a buyer for this extra kidney I will be having him build me one.

He just put a new barrel on a rifle for me. Great communication, prices and work. gonna go shoot it tomorrow. will use him again!

Here is a .260 that Robert just put together for me. Haven't shot it yet, but am confident of his work. I am going to shoot it and return it to him for melonite treatement. Sorry for the crappy pic.

2012-02-25134621.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob_walker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He can build a shooter. He barreled a M2008 action for me in a 300WM. It's extremely accurate and well done.

</div></div>
is the receiver breaking something common? i dont haVE any experience with anything but factory rifles, so please excuse my lack of knowlege. say it were to break, would it be difficult to have another custom recieve put on?

the reason im wanting to buy this rifle is because i would like to compete some day. i started out with a 308 to practice and learn from and now i want to move into something im not going to want to change in a month or two. the caliber is a 260. the rifle is set up exactly the way i want to to be except i was sure on how the lawton stacked up to other customs. </div></div>

I had several Lawton's that were so out of spec my other smith refused to build on them and told me he was concerned for my safety with that receiver. I would not use them anymore after all the trouble they gave me. But Robert might have blueprinted it and it be fine now. But it is still shame that you would buy a custom action then have to blueprint it. You might as well start off with a Remington 700 thats been blueprinted and trued.

I have had Robert barrel about 4+ actions for me (lost count), all are top notch. He does a excellent job! All are accurate.

Very good guy to work with. Very professional and prompt. He had a Lawton 7000 action for sale over a year ago. I bought the Lawton and sent him a Krieger barrel to chamber a 6xc, worked out real nice. He told me it would take 4 weeks to complete as he was extremely busy, I wasn't in a hurry anyway. To my surprise, I had it back in 3 weeks. So far so good. In fact, I'll need to re-barrel soon and I plan on sending it back to RWS to do the work. No complaints here.

I have a 223AI in a walking predator rifle built by Robert and it is my favorite rifle.
It will shoot a 3"- 3shot group @500yds. off the bench.

Coach

I have a M2008 in .260 that He built for me, Just got it back and haven't had the time to shoot it yet but workmanship and finish is beyond incredible. Will get it out this Friday, I'm sure it will be a shooter. Excellent work and communication, you can't go wrong.