• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B 1-8x24 & 3-20x50 available atOptics Planet?

D

dappmgmt

Both of these are showing up as available through Optics Planet. I called their customer support today to ask and they said that is correct but they were unable to confirm ETA because S&B was closed for the holiday. Can anyone confirm?

I am all over a 3-20x50 CM DT CCW with the Klein reticle if so.

Re: S&B 1-8x24 & 3-20x50 available atOptics Planet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dappmgmt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both of these are showing up as available through Optics Planet. I called their customer support today to ask and they said that is correct but they were unable to confirm ETA because S&B was closed for the holiday. Can anyone confirm?

I am all over a 3-20x50 CM DT CCW with the Klein reticle if so. </div></div>

There are a few vendors that show them on their website, all pre order so far.

Likely won't see anything on these until SHOT in January.

I got so excited when I saw this... but only to be let down.

Dapp they aren't available yet. Don't expect them until after SHOT.

Thanks y'all. Sorry to spin you up again over this Northland. Sounds like it's been asked and answered a couple of times already. I got excited about the possibility of getting my hands on a 3-20x - especially when the gal at OP said they were ready to go. S&B is killing me with these target release dates.

Do these not have the CQB reticle as an option? Kind of strange to offer a reticle with half-mil hashes in the 4x, but not in the 8x...

What I don't get is why they were at SHOT last year with S&B stating a mid-year release in 2011 and now they are holding on to them. The scopes they sent out for pre-release testing all got excellent feedback. I don't get it.

Right now they are hoping to deliver on early orders prior to the SHOT Show. A price increase is also comming, so only existing orders will be at the current price. I've got 14 3-20's with H2CMR's on order, but they are all spoken for at this point and I can't even order more right now until the new prices are settled.

Thanks for the additional info Cory. Any sense of what % increase we'll be looking at? I've had a brand new 3-12x50 PMII LP just sitting in the box hoping these are just right around the corner but with the delays an price increase, I may end up having to mount this one. Although if prices are headed north, it may still make sense to sell/trade up...decisions, decisions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dappmgmt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the additional info Cory. Any sense of what % increase we'll be looking at? I've had a brand new 3-12x50 PMII LP just sitting in the box hoping these are just right around the corner but with the delays an price increase, I may end up having to mount this one. Although if prices are headed north, it may still make sense to sell/trade up...decisions, decisions.

</div></div>

Im with you... I had a new 5-25 NIB... i unwrapped it a few weeks ago and said screw it. I got tired of tracking the news on this scope. I'll get one in a few years... If they are out by then

s&b US distributor doesn't even know when those sights are going to come in, heck, they are changing pricing now and not sure what the price is changing to, only the Germans know i suppose. sorry someone didn't get the facts straight, best guess on those scopes is Q1 2012.

Optics planet has a bad habit of advertising shit that is not in stock. I don't think they ever made a change to the website to display 'not in stock'

Like Rob said not until after SHOT SHOW most likely.

Schmidt and Bender PMII Short Dot 1-8x24mm.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v16K6-P6wBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Schmidt and Bender PMII 3-20x50 Review:
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Jbq7CxHhVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike @ CST

fwiw,
Getting scopes from Schmidt as of late, given long wait/order times, has proven to be fruitless. Time will tell...

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

Thanks for the great reviews MIke. I suspect one of each is going to make on to my rifles eventually.