• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes S&B 12x50x56 Second Plane

andrews1958

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2010
Maine/Africa
Getting ready to buy on. Any one have one or used one? How do you like it? Will be shooting paper 600 to 1000 yards. Pros and cons

Re: S&B 12x50x56 Second Plane

Not familiar with Second Focal Plane. Most Tactical Shooters prefer the 1st. It is easier to range find on any magnification.

Why so much magnification? I find that I shoot better on lower magnification than with higher. At 1000 yards, I was shooting at 18x because the mirage was so disorienting at 24x. Just a little advice...to the question though...I doubt anyone is going to have too much, if anything, bad to say about a Schmidt and Bender.

I have this scope in FFP with P4F reticle. I love it. The SFP reticle is set up to be graduated at max magnification. In my opinion I rarely use 50x so that is not practical for me. If you are worried about the FFP reticle appearing too thick, I have no problem with mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">google is your friend </div></div>

Apparently not, otherwise he would have used it,LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have this scope in FFP with P4F reticle. I love it. The SFP reticle is set up to be graduated at max magnification. In my opinion I rarely use 50x so that is not practical for me. If you are worried about the FFP reticle appearing too thick, I have no problem with mine. </div></div>

I would think the reticle would prectically impossible to see/use at the lower power settings. Why did you go FFP with such a wide range of magnification? I would think this scope would be intended for bench rest style shooting, with known distances for the most part, so a SFP would suffice. Not trying to break balls btw, just curious.

We Blew a S&B 12x50x56 up on a 375CheyTac Imp it couldnt take it they replaced it and had awesome customer service but it did FAIL!
The new IOR looks better the glass is better and I know that is saying alot but we have tested them and the IOR is Less grainer than the big S&B we currently have the first 12-52x56 IOR in the states and its F#Cking amazing to say the least! And I could put the ceter dot on a MAGPIE at 2100yards and still see feathers around the outside of the Dot, also I could make out his beak...the scope is the SHIT! Ive got abunch of Pic and need to get something written up about the IOR!

If your going to get a high powered scope dont get a FFP the fucking crosshairs look like Fence posts way out there on high power. NEVER understoood FFP scopes on Long Range rifles unless people think 800yards is long range....LOL

i like that scope a lot, thinking about getting one for fclass myself. the sfp reticle i find has a better subtension, looking at it i would use the top of the post on the sport reticle, although those dots are tiny. i like it, i have a customer shooting it on a 338 lapua and he is very satisfied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have this scope in FFP with P4F reticle. I love it. The SFP reticle is set up to be graduated at max magnification. In my opinion I rarely use 50x so that is not practical for me. If you are worried about the FFP reticle appearing too thick, I have no problem with mine. </div></div>

I would think the reticle would prectically impossible to see/use at the lower power settings. Why did you go FFP with such a wide range of magnification? I would think this scope would be intended for bench rest style shooting, with known distances for the most part, so a SFP would suffice. Not trying to break balls btw, just curious. </div></div>

The reticle is the exact same size as the P4F in the 5-25x56 scope. The 5-25x56 at 12x is right in the sweet spot. I do not understand why you think it would be so small at 12x. And at 50x it is not too large, remember the target is magnified 50x too, not just the reticle.

I am thinking on get one in SFP... and would apreciate more opinons of this scope users.