• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B 3-12 USMC marked in-stock

I was there couple weeks ago picking one of these up. Very happy with the purchase and my m40a5 is coming from GAP this month.
Image_20231205185623.jpg

Does anyone have photos of the left side of the ocular lens housing on these new EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes? The first batch or two of them had correct markings for later purchased USMC scopes (most likely replacement scope). I've heard that the current ones have different markings that weren't used on USMC issued scopes. If someone can help out with pics, I'd greatly appreciate it!

If someone posts pics of the markings on the most current EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes (literally the ones they're selling right now, not the ones from last year or earlier this year), I'll post comparison photos of the markings on issued USMC S&B scopes and the first batch of EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes. There's quite a few different variations of USMC S&B M8541 SSDS scopes, and I've documented all of them except the scopes that EuroOptic is currently selling. If the current EuroOptic scopes have different markings than what the Corps used, collectors/clone builders need to know that they aren't correct. Even if the markings on the left side of the ocular housing is slightly different, the scopes are still more correct than other civilian versions of this scope.

People just need to know everything about the items that are available to us, and that verification is one of the things that we do in this community. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the issued USMC S&B M8541 SSDS 3-12x50 scopes, I can help with photos and information.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Does anyone have photos of the left side of the ocular lens housing on these new EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes? The first batch or two of them had correct markings for later purchased USMC scopes (most likely replacement scope). I've heard that the current ones have different markings that weren't used on USMC issued scopes. If someone can help out with pics, I'd greatly appreciate it!

If someone posts pics of the markings on the most current EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes (literally the ones they're selling right now, not the ones from last year or earlier this year), I'll post comparison photos of the markings on issued USMC S&B scopes and the first batch of EuroOptic USMC S&B scopes. There's quite a few different variations of USMC S&B M8541 SSDS scopes, and I've documented all of them except the scopes that EuroOptic is currently selling. If the current EuroOptic scopes have different markings than what the Corps used, collectors/clone builders need to know that they aren't correct. Even if the markings on the left side of the ocular housing is slightly different, the scopes are still more correct than other civilian versions of this scope.

People just need to know everything about the items that are available to us, and that verification is one of the things that we do in this community. Let me know if anyone has any questions about the issued USMC S&B M8541 SSDS 3-12x50 scopes, I can help with photos and information.
some quick photos of the scope I just got couple weeks ago.
Image_20231207075829.jpg
Image_20231207075833.jpg
Image_20231207075838.jpg
Image_20231207075853.jpg
Image_20231207075857.jpg
Image_20231207075901.jpg

Also on the elevation turret, the numbers only line up on full mils....every other number is off slightly. Probably pretty normal for the older style MTC turret, but it still bothers me a bit since the my other 5-25 pm2 with lockable MTC works perfectly.

I see the serial on yours is 491255. The serial on the one I received is 491300. I thought they might be sequential or at least close, but are not.

I see the serial on yours is 491255. The serial on the one I received is 491300. I thought they might be sequential or at least close, but are not.
They probably have made tons of them..... May I ask how you like the turret so far and how many mils you can get before your elevation turret "bottoms" out ?

Sure, I will check it out and let you know. This one is still in the box but I shoot my commercial one pretty often. I get them both together and see if they are the same. Maybe Ryan would know, but since USMC is trademarked, and anyone using it commercially must have a proper licensing agreement with the Marines and pay them to sell the licensed product, I'm curious as to whether there is a licensing agreement on these. If so, there would need to be a really detailed drawing of the design being licensed attached to the agreement. The Licensing Corporation of America pretty much has a monopoly in the US doing those. I recall they have an office in NYC. If Ryan is right and there are different versions of the USMC etched design, and assuming these products are actually USMC licensed, then you could probably get copies of the various different USMC licensed designed from LCA. But there is nothing in my box saying the USMC is licensed, you know, like when you buy something with FORD on it, there will be a tag that says it's a licensed product. Just wondering.

Sure, I will check it out and let you know. This one is still in the box but I shoot my commercial one pretty often. I get them both together and see if they are the same. Maybe Ryan would know, but since USMC is trademarked, and anyone using it commercially must have a proper licensing agreement with the Marines and pay them to sell the licensed product, I'm curious as to whether there is a licensing agreement on these. If so, there would need to be a really detailed drawing of the design being licensed attached to the agreement. The Licensing Corporation of America pretty much has a monopoly in the US doing those. I recall they have an office in NYC. If Ryan is right and there are different versions of the USMC etched design, and assuming these products are actually USMC licensed, then you could probably get copies of the various different USMC licensed designed from LCA. But there is nothing in my box saying the USMC is licensed, you know, like when you buy something with FORD on it, there will be a tag that says it's a licensed product. Just wondering.
Appreciate it.