• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B Click Spacing / Density (Aging Eyes)

Alpha Incog

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2012
Farmington, New Mexico
I’ve owned an S&B 5-25x56 LP DT H59 for several years now. Recently started shooting some PRS style matches here and there. Anyone else find the click density / spacing too close? I really enjoy this optic, just curious if others have found this to be an issue when dialing corrections. Feeling each click isn’t an issue as the clicks are very positive, seeing where it’s indexed while on the clock or after being in the scope awhile is a different story. The windage turret (that I never touch) is marked every .2 mil and is quite easy to read.

Last edited:
it is well known that SB PMII ST turrets with 0.2mil hash marks on turrets (with 0.1mil clicks) are one of the best. I thought the same, why they did not put the same marking on DT turrets as well. It is a pitty, it was one of the reasons I went with Atacr F1, which is easy to read and dial. For example, some other scopes that has large space between hash marks on elevation turret are discontinued USO MR-10 and LR-17 on Erek (pleasure to work with) and March FX 5-40x56. What I hate at SB PMII line scopes are their DT/LT/MTC turrets on 3-20x50. But even worse are those low profile turrets on new series of PMII (Ultra short, Ultra bright, High power) with 14 and 18 (!) mrads / 1 turn which are engraved every 0.1mil on turrets - bad idea imho. NF Beast has 20 mrads / turn, but with 0.2mil clicks which is easy to read.

Reactions: Alpha Incog
This may be a solution for you if you’re having difficulty seeing the elevation dial. I don’t have any real world experience with it yet but I’m considering grabbing one for myself:

it is well known that SB PMII ST turrets with 0.2mil hash marks on turrets (with 0.1mil clicks) are one of the best. I thought the same, why they did not put the same marking on DT turrets as well. It is a pitty, it was one of the reasons I went with Atacr F1, which is easy to read and dial. For example, some other scopes that has large space between hash marks on elevation turret are discontinued USO MR-10 and LR-17 on Erek (pleasure to work with) and March FX 5-40x56. What I hate at SB PMII line scopes are their DT/LT/MTC turrets on 3-20x50. But even worse are those low profile turrets on new series of PMII (Ultra short, Ultra bright, High power) with 14 and 18 (!) mrads / 1 turn which are engraved every 0.1mil on turrets - bad idea imho. NF Beast has 20 mrads / turn, but with 0.2mil clicks which is easy to read.

The new US Optics FDN series Erek3 has the same, or very similar turret click spacing as the old Erek turrets.

I agree I had a 3-20 with the same turrets and didn’t care for them or the optical performance of that scope.

Good points thank you for your input.