• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B klassik vs Leica Amplus 6 vs Steiner predator 4

tilman2141

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2022
Kentucky
Hello, brand new to sight so please forgive any short comings I may have on these scopes. I’m in the process of building a custom hunting rifle. All I do is hunt. I’m looking at the 3 scopes mentioned in title and know they are all very well built. The info I do not have because no one close to me carry these brands. 1. Brightness and clarity of scope. This is because most of my shooting when hunting is right before or after legal hunting times. I mainly hunt a blind over looking strip pits that have been reclaimed and have heavy brush and tall grass so deer blend very well into their surroundings. 2 quick focus and eye relief. Reason is stated above about their cover. 3 I do not shoot over 300 yds at another location I hunt sometimes which is cut cornfield. I am looking at a possible elk hunt in the next few years and would want something that would possibly help cover that hunt as well. I’m looking at low end power of 2.5-3 and high end at 15-18. Thanks for all the input and help guys.

Hello, brand new to sight so please forgive any short comings I may have on these scopes. I’m in the process of building a custom hunting rifle. All I do is hunt. I’m looking at the 3 scopes mentioned in title and know they are all very well built. The info I do not have because no one close to me carry these brands. 1. Brightness and clarity of scope. This is because most of my shooting when hunting is right before or after legal hunting times. I mainly hunt a blind over looking strip pits that have been reclaimed and have heavy brush and tall grass so deer blend very well into their surroundings. 2 quick focus and eye relief. Reason is stated above about their cover. 3 I do not shoot over 300 yds at another location I hunt sometimes which is cut cornfield. I am looking at a possible elk hunt in the next few years and would want something that would possibly help cover that hunt as well. I’m looking at low end power of 2.5-3 and high end at 15-18. Thanks for all the input and help guys.

So you want us to help you find a scope that will make it easier for you to shoot BEFORE and AFTER legal hunting times?

We'd become an accessory to poaching.

So you want us to help you find a scope that will make it easier for you to shoot BEFORE and AFTER legal hunting times?

He probably means after legal sunset. IE in my Province, you are legally allowed to shoot up to 60min after legal sunset.

Oops I said that wrong. Lol. It’s the other way around right after legal and right before legal times. Sorry

I’ve got an Amplus 6 3-18x44 and I’m pretty impressed with it. Weighs about 23 ounces and glass is better than the Leupold VX-6hd/Razor LHT level of riflescopes. The illuminated dot is finer than either scope too. I’m a big fan of the 3-12x42 Klassik but I have had a hard time picking out a feature that I would like more than my Amplus.

Reactions: st1650
I’ve got an Amplus 6 3-18x44 and I’m pretty impressed with it. Weighs about 23 ounces and glass is better than the Leupold VX-6hd/Razor LHT level of riflescopes. The illuminated dot is finer than either scope too. I’m a big fan of the 3-12x42 Klassik but I have had a hard time picking out a feature that I would like more than my Amplus.
Any experience with steiner

I am a long time deer hunter and have searched for the best lowlight scope.So far it is Swarovski X5i in 3.5x18x50, x5i in 5X25X56, and S&B PM2 ultrabright in 4x16x56 I have not tried ZCO or TT.

No issues with my Klassik 3-12x42 illuminated in the 1 hr window past the sunset. But Id say it’s not as clear as a 56mm objective.
300 yards is doable although for me I’d limit shots to 200 yards in that light range but if you looking at max clarity at low light I’d probably go with the Leica or Meopta R2 50-56mm offerings or the more expensive S&B Polar