• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B LRR-MIL reticle thoughts?

Why do people care if their reticle illumination is visible during the day? Are the black crosshairs unclear?

Why do people care if their reticle illumination is visible during the day? Are the black crosshairs unclear?

Depends on the fineness if the reticle vs the background.

Especially on one as fine as this reticle.

Other than that, not a big deal. I typically don’t even run with a battery in my optics unless it’s going to be low light shooting.

I could see how daylight illumination will be nice for this reticle though.

Reactions: Eostech
Depends on the fineness if the reticle vs the background.

Especially on one as fine as this reticle.

Other than that, not a big deal. I typically don’t even run with a battery in my optics unless it’s going to be low light shooting.

I could see how daylight illumination will be nice for this reticle though.

I do not run batteries for normal shooting, though that is because even a decent quality battery seems to have the capacity to leak, not sure if it's a local climate thing.

I try not to leave batteries in anything expensive if I can help it.

Also this reticle is pretty fine so daytime brightness would be a bonus. I'd think it would be hardly visible in a 3-27 @ 3x mag if you were using it.
no first hand experince though.

I just got mine in my hands today. Waiting on Spuhr to mount it and currently have minox mounted on another rifle.

Reticle is extremely fine (in a good way) and the illumination seems like it would help in a lot of instances.

It’s a reticle you need to take time to learn. .1 hahes and space on the mail crosshair until .5mil, then it goes to odd on left/top and even on right/bottom for .1 mil hashes.

If you use a lot of .2 hash reticles, there is a chance if reverting from habit and using the wrong hash on the LRR.

My plan is to use it for my vudoo for very precise .22 matches for a while to get the hang of it. (It’s perfect for this use)

Depending on how I like it then maybe run a few matches that don’t require a lot of “no dialing.”

Will get a good review up within a couple weeks. I’m going to be shooting two matches with it next week. An nrl22 and a prs22z

I have mine mounted and will be shooting it tomorrow. My primary use for this optic/reticle is marksman .22 and prs 22. The 10m parralax and very fine reticle seem perfect for this.

I will say, at first glance, this reticle is very nice.

It is extremely fine in the center and you can barely see the dot when you first look at it. However, it’s also very visible when you have it against a target and/or get used to it. The thicker outer portions of the reticle draw your eye to the center, so I don’t think it will be too much an issue when trying to acquire the reticle quickly while changing targets.

If you do lose the reticle, the illumination is daylight visible and does not overpower or washout.

This is the first reticle I feel I will use the Illumination during daylight. My other optics, I don’t even install the battery. Unfortunately on my 5-25, there are no “offs” between the settings. I would prefer to be able to leave it just before the setting I like and if I need it just make one click and have it on.

The only other thing to consider, a lot of people (myself included) are used to .2 hashes. I can see it being easy to use a 1,3,7,9 has by accident until you learn the reticle.

I’ll report back more this week after using it. I can say so far, if it had a wind tree, I’d probably be replacing a few optics. As of right now, I still prefer the MR4 reticle for centerfire matches.

Any more use from people with this reticle? I just bit the bullet and ordered one from EO. They seem to be having a small PMII 5-25 sale going on.

I liked the reticle it’s very fine and works best on higher power

Keep the battery fresh in the Illum and you can use that at lower power and it makes the reticle much more well rounded

Reactions: cjs88
I liked the reticle it’s very fine and works best on higher power

Keep the battery fresh in the Illum and you can use that at lower power and it makes the reticle much more well rounded
Thanks for the info. Decided to change my order to the 5-20 US with MSR2.

Heard good things. Will go on my almost correct mk12 mod 1 build. Only thing that won't be correct are handguards, upper, lower, and optics.