• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B multi turn 2 turret

NotMalware

grumpy cat
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Daytona Beach, FL
I'd like to hear if anyone has seen or has any information about the new Schmidt and Bender multi turn 2 turret. I've seen very little on this, and it looks very interesting. This is the only video I've found, and I was hoping that someone may have seen it in person at shot show. I know there are several privileged individuals on this forum (cough...Lowlight..), and I would love to hear any thoughts.

Is there an expected release date for this?

I had a chance to check it out at SHOT and liked it a great deal. I'm not a fan of the MTC but understand where it can be useful in some situations. Being able to choose when MTC is active is a fantastic feature. I also wouldn't mind having locking turrets, but again, currently, only available on turrets that have MTC. This turret gives everything I'd want in the S&B turrets.

I understand this turret has finer click values (0.05mil). I've seen the MOA version, but I was curious how many mills per rev this would have, and does the fine click values make the click detent less precise? (maybe less well defined is a better way to say it)

They're supposed to have two models, one with 39.3 mil and one wil 27 mil total travel, so divide by five (total turns available). It terms of feel, it felt very similar to the double turn turrets. The finer 0.5 mil/click doesn't feel too dense or imprecise because it's spread out over 5 turret turns. I personally think they have a winner with this product.

In the video at 1:55 the turret shows 5 rows of numbers. The first row is 0-60, the second row is 60-120, and so on up to 295 (moa I'm assuming?). That would work out to 85.5 mil at 1moa = 0.29mil. What am I missing? That seems like a lot of travel. The two mil options are 27mil and 39.3mil. I'm not sure I understand what I'm looking at on this turret.

Heard from a dealer we should see these in the Jan/Feb 2018 timeframe

In the video at 1:55 the turret shows 5 rows of numbers. The first row is 0-60, the second row is 60-120, and so on up to 295 (moa I'm assuming?). That would work out to 85.5 mil at 1moa = 0.29mil. What am I missing? That seems like a lot of travel. The two mil options are 27mil and 39.3mil. I'm not sure I understand what I'm looking at on this turret.

I'm just speculating. Maybe cm/100m markings?

Not sure if pics of the 5-25 MT2 turrets are out there but by the assumption of CM @ 100yds then those should have 270 at the end of the top level.

correct if wrong.

J

When does the pre-ordering start? My friend wants to know...

Havent heard of a preorder -- been watching the MT2 for a few months and spoke to some dealers. If they do offer it am guessing post thanks giving.

This turret and the LRR reticle are a perfect reason for a new S&B 3-27....I was hoping that my 5-25 could be upgraded but not the case.

Not sure if pics of the 5-25 MT2 turrets are out there but by the assumption of CM @ 100yds then those should have 270 at the end of the top level.

correct if wrong.

J

If you take a look at the video right around the .52 second mark, you'll see that scope actually has the top row end value at 395, which should correspond to the model that has 39.3 mils of total elevation. So it looks like the turrets are numbered at 0.5 mil increments.

Last edited:
What about the sub zero stop function ? I'd be very interested as I switch very often between subsonic and supersonic 308

What about the sub zero stop function ? I'd be very interested as I switch very often between subsonic and supersonic 308

What does it mean to have a sub zero stop? Is that just a zero stop that goes a few clicks below zero? Or is it adjustable in some way?

This turret and the LRR reticle are a perfect reason for a new S&B 3-27....I was hoping that my 5-25 could be upgraded but not the case.

I agree. I "need" a new S&B with these features too! I'll be emailing my contact in Germany for an updated timeframe soon to see if the shipping projection has changed. Will keep everyone advised.

What does it mean to have a sub zero stop? Is that just a zero stop that goes a few clicks below zero? Or is it adjustable in some way?

Not sure... The brochure only mentions that it will be one of the features, doesn't give anymore information

Yes, that is correct. It is not adjustable. Once you set your zero, it will always have X number of clicks below your zero stop. The only way that would change is if you somehow managed to bottom out your available adjustments.

The turret numbering defined by 0.05mil makes sense for this kind of turret. It's not a high speed turret, it's a high precision turret. I would love to see the marks between the numbers have a little more definition. For example, maybe every other click, corresponding to 0.1mil, would have a slightly taller line. That would break up the 9 identical lines between 0.0 and 0.5mil for example.