• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B on an AI AXSR chambered in 338 Lapua (advice needed)

Diabolus

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2006
Southern California/Los Angeles
Looking for some advice on what optic to put on an AI AXSR chambered in .338 Lapua. I have always liked S&B scopes. My rifle is tan, so I'd like to get a Pantone version if possible.

I was thinking an S&B in 3-27x56 or 5-45x56. I'd really like to hear some thoughts form members on what they suggest.

If you're willing to spend new Schmidt money then Zero Compromise and Tangent Theta are both on the table.
Also depends on your preference of reticle. You won't be disappointed with a Schmidt if they have a reticle you like, but you can get a ZC527 brand new for about 60% of the cost of a new Pantone Schmidt High Power, and it will do just as much/arguably more than an S&B.
A new TT brings that number up to about 80% but the same applies.

Cant go wrong with a S&B, pick a reticle and turrets that you like and you will be good to go.

AI and S&B is a classic combination.