• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B P4 or P4 Fine

Re: S&B P4 or P4 Fine

I don't have experience with the P4, but the P4 Fine is fantastic. It is much finer than my IOR, but it is still very useable down to 6x or so without the illumination. With the illumination, its great at any power.

P4 Fine. If you're talking about shooting at 1000 yds, you'll be at high magnification, and you'll want the fine lines.

A lot of people like the P4Fine over the P4 because it's clearly not as thick.

I have a P4F in a 3-12X and think it kicks ass, but don't like the P4F in a 5-25X, and prefer the P4 in my scope of that type.

It's pretty much personal preference, but there is a marked difference. The issue is at lower power in a scope like the 5-25X and I know there are images posted online somewhere. The guys from Scandinavia have them for sure online.

I would say it depends on your use, for general shooting, competition like F Class, etc, the P4F is a better choice, for a tactical optic under a variety of conditions, the P4 get my nod -- I think here the P4F is much more desirable if that helps

I have 2 5-25s with the P4 and also prefer that reticle. I own another with a P4F and yet another with the Gen 2XR. Both of those get real thin when dialed to low power.

Man, you guys are the best. OK, 4-16 x 50, or 5-25 x 56. Again from 100 to 1000 yards? I hope to shoot some matches at the local club to 600 meters and also just fine tune my shooting skills for hunting.

Ive got a 4-16x50 with P4F and anything below 10x is pretty much hard for me to see. For my needs i may end up switching to a 3-12x50 with the regular P4.

I have the P4 reticle and I think it's the cats meow.
laugh.gif

Thanks guys.
I've decided on a 5-25 x 56 P4, after almost purchasing a 4-16 x 50 P4F.
Your help is greatly appreciated and probably saved me some money.

A weekend ago I shot at 2000 yards with the P4 reticle NO dramas at all was not wishing for finer retcile. Only when I start surfing the Internet and I read how inadequate the P4 is I then realise I should have purchased the P4 Fine
laugh.gif