• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes S&B PMII 3-12x50 VS Meopta Meotac 3-12X50

kaku3428

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hello All,
I was doing a little research on buying a scope which has dialing turrets, high transmission glass and does not brake the bank. I was surprised how close Meopta comes o S&B for 1/3 of the price (with discounts). It also beats S&B on some features like light transmission and warranty. Reticle availability is limited but almost identical.
I know at least 5 people have bought Meotac this year from Meopta store alone. Can those people chime in ?
Any person who used Meotac and has negative report?

** I understand the argument that PMII could be better but for such a low price Meotac can be a good option even if it is missing few features.

Attachments

• Meotac_Vs_PMII.pdf
    283.1 KB · Views: 89
  • meotac.jpg
    meotac.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 3-12x50_pm_ii_sr.jpg
    3-12x50_pm_ii_sr.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: bman940
Interested in responses as well... especially in repeat/reliable tracking.

I have a pmii Schmidt and a optica 6. Schmidt scope is completely different league. Don't get me wrong the optica is hell of a scope for the coin.

Reactions: bman940
Even though newer new Shit & Blender scopes particularly the High Power range break down at alarming rates making old IOR paralax issues look like a nothing burger ,Meopta is not in same class.

Last edited:
Even though newer new Shit & Blender scopes particularly the High Power range break down at alarming rates making old IOR paralax issues look like a nothing burger ,Meopta is not in same class.
Huh?

Still waiting on proof as to why Schmidt & bender pmiis are garbage.

I don't post much but watch often
I have no experience with the Meopta in question but have been running a S&B PM11 DT P4 Fein for years on an 85 Sako Finnlight in 6.5x55 with 140gr Amax [ of which I still have a very plentiful supply]. It sits on a 10moa rail the local engineering firm made for me , they also drilled and tapped the Sako action
The scope [and rifle] have been hunted most of what the South Island of New Zealand has to offer as well as shot to out to 1000m on steel .
It has been plenty used, never abused and dials and returns to zero perfectly. The only thing that has failed is the Tenebraex covers.
Highly recommended.

S&B is/was the defacto standard for sniper scopes in many many years for most NATO military sniper teams.
So, saying they are shit is pretty bold.

I did some research on the Meotac back in the days, but it was brand New and not possible to see and play with one. Plus it was pricy back then. Ended up with a Premier instead.
Whats the price for a Meotac these days?

Still waiting on proof as to why Schmidt & bender pmiis are garbage.
Certain High Power models parallax fails with extremely high frequency. Warranty claims for HP models are by leaps and bounds beyond any other among the higher-end brands . Of course, none of the dealers will say it here to many NDAs signed, but if you know folk in the biz ask around they will confirm.

Last edited:
Certain High Power models parallax fails with a frequency that would be considered bad in 500$ scopes let alone in high end scopes like Shit & Blender.
Schmidt & bender makes about 50+ different types of PMIIs, so one or two particular models make the whole brand garbage? That’s not how it works. Not only that, but do you have any documented evidence, or other people on this forum that have witnessed what you are saying?

I am not going to convince you no matter what, and i don't really care, but like said people in the know will confirm my claim, and no its not one or two random scopes failing but unusually high numbers of new scopes returning for warranty repairs, which is a shame as models of PMII were just about the king of the hill for a number of years. Just an insider tip stay away from S&B HP line till they get their act together.

Last edited:
I now have three Ultra Shorts - my new favorite model of S&B.

Ha!
I've had a 3-20x Ultra Short since 2015, but recently took advantage of some good deals at Eurooptic to get a pair of 5-20x Ultra Shorts. Don't get me wrong, the classic 5-25x is still near and dear to my heart, but the Ultra Shorts are damn impressive if you can get a good deal on them.

Reactions: A.Redd
Ha!
I've had a 3-20x Ultra Short since 2015, but recently took advantage of some good deals at Eurooptic to get a pair of 5-20x Ultra Shorts. Don't get me wrong, the classic 5-25x is still near and dear to my heart, but the Ultra Shorts are damn impressive if you can get a good deal on them.
Haha I have a 5x20 ultra short and a 5x25x56 standard and they are the scope for me.