• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B PMII 4-16 with Horus reticles

M4guru

Here for the cheap AI barrels
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 27, 2006
    Wyoming
    Does anyone have a source for S&B PMII 4-16x42s with a Horus reticle. I know they exist (and have looked through one), but cannot locate a source to purchase one commercially. I did a search but didn't find anything that appeared relevant.

I know USO will make whatever I want, but I had a bad experience with their CS a couple of years ago and would much prefer another vendor.

Thanks in advance

Re: S&B PMII 4-16 with Horus reticles

Premier was installing the reticles in S&B scopes, but that's over now. Unless you find one used, you're SOL.

I know some military units are getting new ones all the time, but I haven't been able to locate the source and I'm out of the loop at the moment. Premier had a good thing going when they serviced other scopes, they installed the locking turrets on my GEN 1 Short Dot a few years back. Nothing but good from those guys.

I guess I could always call S&B and ask...

I think you'll find yourself out of luck. You could always get a Premier Heritage with a Horus for the low additional cost of $800.

NF is also supposed to be offering the Horus as well.

If it's true that SB H25's are being produced or converted new and now, that IS news: it could explain the lack of properly coated Horus reticles in the civilian market.

I peeked at the FFP 3.5-15 NF but frankly I'm not too interested in paying $3K for a Nightforce just because of the reticle.

Premier is the only other scope on my short list but I have never seen one in person. I have only used Leupold, Nightforce, and S&B at work. Leupold doesn't do it for me when Nightforce is an option at the same price range.

Like I said, I know guys were glassing work guns with S&Bs with Horus reticles in my old unit and a couple of others, and I saw it with my own eyes. I just wondered if anyone knew who was making them. Most likely it's such a small quantity that it's not on anyone's radar.

I'll certainly advise if I find out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's true that SB H25's are being produced or converted new and now, that IS news: it could explain the lack of properly coated Horus reticles in the civilian market. </div></div>

Graham,

Ihave used a 4-16x42 S$B with a Horus at Ft Bragg before. So they are out in the market to a point.

I do not know if they still make them, but they did in the past

John

Thanks John. I have heard of them, but never seen one. I'd love to own one, though: just like my USO/Horus, but I'd spin the knobs more.
    grin.gif

From S&B:

If Horus will sell me a reticle, S&B will build a scope with it.

Additionally, S&B is going to produce these commercially as soon as they work out contracting details with Horus. No ETA.

They have been out in the market for over a year. Contact Horus directly. EXPENSIVE. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's true that SB H25's are being produced or converted new and now, that IS news: it could explain the lack of properly coated Horus reticles in the civilian market. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMD68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have been out in the market for over a year. Contact Horus directly. EXPENSIVE. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's true that SB H25's are being produced or converted new and now, that IS news: it could explain the lack of properly coated Horus reticles in the civilian market. </div></div> </div></div>

What is the price from Horus?

Says the guy with an RPK...

As fortune would have it I bought a Premier Heritage this afternoon from Liberty. My S&B pricing from last year and this year were light years different. By the time I got the scope with the reticle I wanted it would have been north of $4K...

eek.gif

Some belt fed AK, how would I know.