• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B PMII 5-25x56 LP - Factory Zero reset help

BE5810

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Need some help with Newbie stuff here

I originally used the scope with a rifle and want to move it to another one. It was zero'ed and zero stop works fine.

I can't seem to deactivate the zero stop set with original rifle.

I unscrewed the screw on turret and no matter what I do, it stays @ 2nd revolution (Yellow indicator) and cannot seem to 'Deactivate the zero reset'

How do I Deactivate zero stop and make it to factory original configutation?

No matter what I do, the max 'UP' is @ 2nd rev (Yellow) 12.2Mil and 0.6 below zero (which is normal). It always stuck @ 2nd revolution (Yellow) no matter what I do.

Thanks

Attachments

• PMII_2 (1).jpg
    PMII_2 (1).jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 27
  • PMII_2 (2).jpg
    PMII_2 (2).jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 29
Okay here you go... Turn the scope until it bottoms out I assume that is what you are showing in picture#2 @roughly 13.4 mils....

Unscrew the turret screws and turn the turret up to max elevation at 26 mils then retighten the screws....

Turn turret down you should have full travel again

Reactions: Vargmat
Huskydriver

Thanks for the quick help. I did what you said and now the turret is basically stuck at 26.. I cannot go down but up about 4 clicks only

Huskydriver

Thanks for the quick help. I did what you said and now the turret is basically stuck at 26.. I cannot go down but up about 4 clicks only

Cool... Do the opposite lol...turn it up to max....

Unscrew the screws and turn down all the way to zero then retighten you should be good to go

Gosh.. what am I doing wrong

So it goes
1. Bottom out to 13.4 (0 - 0.6mil)
2. Unscrew
3. Turn to max rev of 26
4. Tight screw

or

1. Turn to Max 26
2. Unscrew
3. Dial back to 0
4. Tight screws

Correct? Did both and no luck

PS) Thanks Huskydriver

So when you did the second way what happened?

It stops @ 0.6 after Zero (13.4) It does not move

Okay so unloosen the screws at 13.4 and try turning down to zero then retighten.

So when you loosen the screws are you turning the turret clockwise until your back to zero?

With the screws loosened can you freely spin the turret through all 26 mils of travel?

No stops @ 26 and 13.4 back to zero. it spins freely but only within the range

Interesting loosen the screws and turn it counter clockwise until it bottoms out. Retighten and see if it will come down

Hmm.. did what you said and only move between 0 to 13.4 (so only 0.6mils)

Am I missing something or perhaps defective?

Hmm.. did what you said and only move between 0 to 13.4 (so only 0.6mils)

Am I missing something or perhaps defective?

No that's where I expect it to be, you are at the top of the travel. What I don't understand is if you loosen the screws why it won't let you turn down two full revs back to zero....

How many screws are you loosening on the turret and you didn't take them all the way out did you?

Huskydriver,

Fixed. You were so right the first time. I did everything slowly reading your post and it's good to go.

I can't thank you enough. It was driving me insane. User error as usual!

Thanks again!!!

Reactions: Huskydriver
Now it works as should, -0.6 from 0 to all the way exactly @ 26.

First time using PMII and learning new things every day