• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B PMII Gen II recticle breakdown

paramil

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Anyone have the spreadsheet showing Schmidt and Benders standard Gen II reticle dimensions?

Is the Gen II XL (not XR) different from the standard Gen II they offered?

I know this had to have been posted before but try as I might, a search yeilded negative results.

Re: S&B PMII Gen II recticle breakdown

Was it different than the standard Gen II? Or where they the same thing?

Like I said: The XL had extra illumination in the vertical.

The dots are .2 Mils. The rest is self-explanatory.

Ok so there was a standard Gen II and then the Gen II XL was a different reticle (or different illumination in the reticle). Thanks

That covers one question.

I am assuming the measurements were all the same though right?

So wouldnt the dimensions be the same in the 5-25?

Awesome thanks.

Anyone go the breakdown for the Gen II or Gen II XL then?

You mean the turrets? Ya I know. But those can be changed out, the reticle, not so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have the spreadsheet showing Schmidt and Benders standard Gen II reticle dimensions?</div></div>
Yes. See the PDFs' I've posted below. Note that the reticles are not drawn to scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Gen II XL (not XR) different from the standard Gen II they offered?</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">"Yes"</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">"no"</span>. According to the PDFs' the primary difference between the two is that more of the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"XL"</span></span> lights-up. Also, (and it may be a misprint on the PDF), the dimensions at Point<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"B"</span></span> are different. Other than that, the dimensions are identical on the two reticle PDFs'.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PMII Gen 2 XL PDF courtesy of Premier Reticles:</span></span>
Gen2XLCloseup.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">PMII Gen 2 Mildot PDF courtesy of Schmidt Bender:</span></span>
Gen2MildotCloseup-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this had to have been posted before but try as I might, a search yeilded negative results. </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">Your powers are weak, young Paduan.</span> Next time you're looking for PMII PDFs' search my posts.

Keith

Thanks, now once I get out from behind this gov. computer I can actually view the pictures/files.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Keith, you beat me to it. Appreciate it.
Thanks,
Paul </div></div>
No problem Paul. I thought I'd lend a hand there.

Keith

One important differance to me between the 2 reticles is that the Gen II center has a roughly 0.2 MIL space prior to the first 1/2 MIL hash. Dial up 0.3 MIL from your dope to use the top of the center cross like a pistol's front site. This lets you see a small target at any magnification without occlusion. The reticle break also serves as another referance on the windage stadia for hold offs too. The XL reticle has no break in it to do that.