• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&B problem at the range today

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Finally a nice day, so I decided to go to the range. After about 10 rounds, I look thru my S&B PM II, and see what appear to look like small water drops when looking thru the scope. I clean the lens, and they are still there.

I do a search on this site, and find that there has been an issue with Litihium grease splatter in some S&B scopes.

Anyone here had an issue with this? How did the service people handle it? I'm sure the scope is out of warranty. I found the warranty card in the box.

Call Jerry at S&B USA and tell him about your issue. You will pay shipping to VA but he will get you fixed up. My scope was round tripped in a week and a half.

Yes I sent mine in and they cleaned it right up. Yes it is grease. Sending it in sucks, but its an easy fix.

Older. Not sure of build date. I have the 2XR reticle which hasn't been produced in quite some time (since 2012 at least).

Reactions: Noob Sammich
    Yea, I'm not sure how old it is............probably much older than I think.
    I bought it to put on a Anschutz trainer. When I bought the AI..........I bought another scope for the .22, it may be 5 or 6 years old...........

Last edited:
    Reactions: Noob Sammich
    There are scopes with the gen2xr that are newer. But don't worry man just hit up their CS and let them do their thing. They asked me about the warranty when I sent mine back for this issue and I told them I have six S&B's and honestly don't know which ones i filled out, they laughed and said no worries. 3 of mine I purchased In Germany.