• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes S&B scope ID

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
This S&B scope came on a rifle I just bought. It's a 3-12x50 as shown. The length is 13.2 inch, with 30mm tube. It is a FFP model with a P7 mil dot rnon-illuminated reticle. The elevation turret is double turn, but seems to be locked so it only turns up a 1/4 turn. That's mu second question: how do I unlock the reticle? Or maybe it's broken?

Help appreciated from you S&B pros!

First off, the scope is a Klassik and not a PMI. Not really sure where the whole PMI thing started but I'd love to see a picture of one. It sounds as if the elevation may be maxed out and that's why you're only getting partial rotation and the knob simply needs to be reset. Reticle is most likely a P3 and not a P7 as there is no P7 mil dot reticle.

Elevation knob is not a double turn it is a single turn with distance markings above number scale. It appears to have one moa increment elevation adjustments and one half moa windage.

Jerry, thanks for the help. I first thought about klassik, but the pictures don't match up well. This is probably an older model. I am glad it's not a Chinese knock-off! Will try to adjust the knob when I get home

Jerry, thanks for the help. I first thought about klassik, but the pictures don't match up well. This is probably an older model. I am glad it's not a Chinese knock-off! Will try to adjust the knob when I get home

No worries, let me know if you have any issues or questions. And yes, it is an older Klassik model with the old style ocular head and insignia.

FYI, the knobs can be converted to 1/4 MOA if that would help out any.