• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B USA 20 Year Limited Warranty

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I have not seen it discussed, definitely not as much as it was discussed when it went the other way. But S&B did clarify and add that their USA warranty is a 20 year limited warranty

A lot of new changes are happening at S&B and some of these changes are smaller, but some are more important, like the 15+% decrease in cost on almost all their models.

They opened their eyes to the mistakes made, and the fact that military pricing is not what the consumer is after.

20 Years Limited Warranty for owners in the USA

Now if we could just get them to decrease the time from new product introductions to actual product availability...

Mac

I just bought 5X25X56 DT Tremor 3 PMll from Sport Optics and saved $700 over what I would have paid if I would have bought the same scope with Tremo2 last year. They are great to deal with and I always get a nice discount from them.
    I was a SHOT again this year and when I asked about getting new products out they said I will much quicker then in the past. :D

Reactions: Holliday
    They have streamlined the sku's and reduced some of the options, so now they are focusing on the more popular scopes rather than having too many options to choose from and then having to build one off scopes because it was offered

Two years ago, I only dreamed of owning SBs. Last year, because of the drastic price reductions, I managed to buy one PMII 5-25 from Sport Optics. Then, a couple months ago I couldn't resist buying another exact copy of that same scope from them for an even better deal. Now I own TWO, and never thought I'd even afford one. The only thing I hate is, that last week I could have bought another one from them for even LESS than my last one (but I don't have a need for it at this time). These scopes are PMII 5-25x56, Mil/Mil, CCW Double Turn turrets, illuminated H2CMR reticle. The first one I bought was about 3100.00 (previously had been running 3800 - 4000). The second one was 2880.00. Last week I could have bought another one for just over 2800.00 with their promo. Awesome.

I agree, picked up a New S&B (5-25) for $2390 Shipped today with the Gen II XR. Pretty hard for me to spend more $$ on a different brand when the Schmidt is so good. Before anyone asks, I do not know how to replicate that deal. I was waiting on a previous order that still hadn't arrived and this was simply good customer service.

Crazy, I paid closer to $2700 for my PM2 Gen 2 XR like 6 months ago. $2000 is a lot easy to find than $3000 for me.

$2390 for a 5-25? I am kind of glad I don't have access to that kind of deal. I am already struggling not to pull the trigger on a 5-25 Gen 2 XR for $2750 on Optics Planet.

With their pricing and warranty coming in line, I bought my first one late last year and could definitely see a 5-20 Ultrashort in my future.

Great googly moogly. Just pulled the trigger on a new 5-25 Gen 2 XR for $2447. If anyone else is interested in this deal, PM me for details.

$2390 for a 5-25? I am kind of glad I don't have access to that kind of deal. I am already struggling not to pull the trigger on a 5-25 Gen 2 XR for $2750 on Optics Planet.

If you input RS11 in the promo code, that 2750 becomes 2447.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if they do the same here in Europe(which i doubt), cost more over here and has the same useless 2 years warranty. the cheapest model of the PMII 5-25x56 cost around 2900$, which is pretty much the same as the Minox ZP5 tac 5-25x56 or NF Atacr F1/F2 5-25x56(excluding the horus reticle)... paid about 300$ more for my March 5-40x56 FML1 illuminated mrad scope new...

/Baner

Last edited:
    Hooked my jarhead buddy up last night, he was wanting a Minox. Seems like some of the vendors are still showing $7K S&B prices, Id jump on a 3-20 if the price was right. My AMG just came in the mail yesterday and its so much lighter and compact than my PMII, the short would be nice to own.

FYI, EuroOptic is matching the above deal, in case you want to support a Hide vendor. Ask for Eric and he will set you up.

Reactions: 6172crew!
    This is good news. They have always been relatively fair to their customer base, government and private.

I doubt anyone on here has mailed in a S&B warranty card though - ever! I take that back - I *might* have sent one in way back in the day.

I wonder if a pmiii is on the horizon? Haven't read anything about one though.

Gold Standard Scope, everything is compared to it ... all the scopes you hear about today were made to match as close to the 5-25x as possible

I'm torn between the pmii at the current price and the atacr f1 with the new mil c reticle, both in 5-25. I think I will really like the mil c, but not sure which reticle I prefer in the pmii. I really dont care for the christmas tree style, but i dont compete either. Which is your pmii favorite reticle?

They opened their eyes to the mistakes made, and the fact that military pricing is not what the consumer is after.

20 Years Limited Warranty for owners in the USA

Now everybody say......."Thank You Vortex!".......lol

"Quality and precision of today's rifle scopes "Now everybody say......"Thank You S&B!

Figured this was going to be everyone's comeback on my little comment so I figured I would beat y'all to it........

Bottomline competition is a great thing!

Last edited:
    I've been looking at an ATACR, or AMG for nearly a year. The S&B at $2500 +\- it's hard to argue anything else, unless you have lots of experience with extreme preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    OMG S&B 5-25 for about $2400, and the 20 years warranty removed the heel of achilles . If you are still spending same money buying other scopes, please think again...

OpticsPlanet told me over the phone they were out of stock on the ccw gen2xr deal. I had one in my cart...checked out anyway.

I have a feeling the Gold Standard is about to disappear forever.

OpticsPlanet told me over the phone they were out of stock on the ccw gen2xr deal. I had one in my cart...checked out anyway.

I have a feeling the Gold Standard is about to disappear forever.

Eurooptic has them in stock for the same price, and they ship much faster in my experience.

Eurooptic has them in stock for the same price, and they ship much faster in my experience.

I agree on the shipping and customer service. However...Optics Planet accepts PayPal which gives 6 months, no payments, no interest, no questions asked. Which is just fantastic when I need to jump the optic deal of the year !

No! The 5-25x56 PMII. I'm guessing there is an upgrade in the works. I don't think S&B is going anywhere

Yeah, could be. I certainly don't doubt there could be something new and big around the corner, but I wouldn't count the old 5-25x56 PMII out just yet. Prices began coming down last Spring with the change in exchange rates of the dollar vs. euro. That's when they went from about 4K to about 3K for a standard 5-25 PMII Double Turn scope. Since then they have continued to come down even more, but less drastically. I bought my first last May for 3100. I bought another just like it in December from same dealer for 2880. At the beginning of this month I could have bought it again for 2800-ish. I'm not sure what's driving it, but I'm not convinced they're going away just yet (but who knows?).

I agree on the shipping and customer service. However...Optics Planet accepts PayPal which gives 6 months, no payments, no interest, no questions asked. Which is just fantastic when I need to jump the optic deal of the year !

Scopelist, which has the same owners as Euro Optic and seemingly draws from the same inventory, does take Paypal and I'm sure they'd match this price too.

The discounting of the 5-25 is limited to one or two vendors and a single reticle (Gen 2 XR). If we were witnessing the end of the 5-25 I think we would be seeing discounts across the board. Most vendors still list this scope well above $3k.

Last edited:
    From what I get from the OP, the company is trimming down the line and lowering the prices on the scopes they plan on keeping because they are popular. At least that was how I took the OP.
    The XR reticle is a premier reticle but do they pay royalties for its use?