• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes S&B warranty

Gosh, such stupid ignorance, man, hard to deal with, but here goes:

You don't know shit, and even if you did, you wouldn't. Keep guessing at what I do for a living, but at least I filled out my profile. Unlike the bullshit you shovel.

And I did contribute, showing how great the customer service is with firsthand experience with Schmidt and Bender. I will let the readers decide. But there is a growing group of people who are sick and tired of your bullshit, Turdcutter. So when I say contribute, contribute in a POSITIVE way instead of just badmouthing everything.

I'm done here. You can pick your ass up off the ground, brush it off, then hang on the lead portion of your rear. Your welcome, drive forward.

The fuck is your problem?

I am deeply apologetic to follow a joke with a comment about their warranty. Why are you so defensive, especially when nothing was even directed at you. Take a puff or drink a beer and chill the fuck out. You sound like a whinny little kid who isn't getting his way. Its pathetic and unbecoming.

Had a older PMII 3-12 MD.... good optic, but the tunneling sucked and it had issues tracking. Unacceptable for an optic at that price point. Sold it for a loss and bought a NF NXS. Sucked going from FFP but at least I knew my shit worked when I needed it.

Fact: S&B's prices are going through the roof
Fact: Other comparable products are coming at much cheaper prices with similar or better features
Fact: S&B has a two year warranty while just about everyone else has a lifetime warranty or similar
Fact: If they had to close up shop or reduce their US presence....you would be mailing your shit to Germany for repair.
Fact: S&B technology is old. Took them 5+ years to get their 1-8 to the market, at twice the price of everyone else, and that was AFTER copying/licensing USO's design (Remember them finger fucking the 1-8 at shot 2 years ago trying to figure out how they did it?)

If you don't like what I have to say, then find a way to deal with it. Get a pet, learn some yoga, or seek out a therapist. But make no mistake, its YOUR problem. You have barley been here a year and think you dictate how shit works around here. Get over yourself.

Minox has 30 year warranties, S&B (non tactical line) still have 30 year warranties. Anything designated Mil gets only 2 years. All the hunting/recreational stuff gets 30.

Cobracutter, seeing as we are both in NOVA and are only 30 minutes from the S&B service center your argument for having stuff go back to Europe is no longer valid (I see you corrected your earlier statement).

As a side note, find me one person who has had their warranty claim denied on a Schmidt repair..... Jerry R runs the operation and takes the service and repair of S&B's seriously.

I do agree with you their 5-25 is old tech. It does tunnel from 5-7. Its BIG. Still my number one choice, also still the choice of MANY!

I would rather not have a warranty and never need it, than have a lifetime warranty and have to get a new scope every 12 months because the last one broke. FYI, I have had to utilize Bushnell's warranty and then their money back gaurantee, Vortex, IOR (I learned my lesson), and a few others. Other than going to Ashburn to meet Jerry and check out the operation or to compare products, I never had to have anything repaired.

Warranty is limited to 10 Years by European Law. "Lifetime Warranty" therefore can't be given. I personally don't think that Issues that show after 2 Years are typical Manufacturing Defects (these are covered by the Warranty), but Wear and Tear. However, the Big Companies always have been great for me and I can't knock anyone of them. Even if the Warranty was over.

Prove this.

Interesting that their other lines still have the 30 year warranty along with other companies.

How are you guys not seeing this for what it is?

I wrote this in another thread so I'll just quote it:
"
Consumer laws are to protect consumers from scammers selling garbage, by requiring a min 2 year warranty... Minimum is the key word.

S&B either purposely muddied the water on the forums about the law, to confuse people and keep them in a good light... Or just the fan boys and 'experts' did it for them.

They reduced the warranty because they were losing too much $$ fixing scopes (scopes that have been rumored to be lower in quality and reliability as of late) or the management decided to line their pockets further by cutting benefits. Neither of which are noble causes or examples of them just trying to abide by laws.
"

Regardless of whether the American guy representing them is a stand up guy or not.. Unless it's in writing, it doesn't matter. He can easily be layed off and replaced by another guy and he can't help you anymore. He's not standing behind the products, only the company can do this. I bet he hasn't given anyone any written guarantees that he will stand behind the scopes after 2 years... Even if he has, as soon as he's not working for them anymore it doesn't matter. If the company was on your side and even if there was a European law that restricted warranty, that would not effect it's warranty in usa. They could still provide USA users lifetime warranty if they wanted, as long as they stated so in their manual. Have u ever signed bank or credit statements and noticed they have asterisks explaining that if your are in X state you receive this extra benefit or you don't or whatever the case...

It's sad really. I really like my s&b... I'm looking to replace a couple cheaper scopes and would have undoubtedly bought an s&b. Now I will not.

I haven't heard of anyone getting a warranty claim denied by S&B but timelinex has a point. What happens if Jerry R no longer handles the US based service center and some corporate hard ass from Germany takes his spot? Will everyone with military scopes over 2 years old keep getting taken care of or will they be SOL?

FWIW, I've been using S&B PMII scopes for comps and hunting for years. All but one were previously owned and used both extensively and hard by both their previous owner(s) and me. Never an issue with any of them. Perfect tracking and pristine image.

A couple of years ago I bought a 3-12x PMII that had been used VERY hard by its previous owner. There was a tracking problem with it so I sent it back to S&B for service. Two weeks later, the scope was returned in perfect working order with a full explanation as to what had been done to it. No charge and no questions asked. That level of service confirmed my commitment to S&B scopes. It'll be pretty tough to get me to even consider changing to another brand.

Prove this.

I can't. But not because it isn't so, but because I'm not fluent enough in English itself nor in the Technical Terms describing the Warranty.

From the S&B Germany Website:
Garantie

Mit diesem Schmidt & Bender Zielfernrohr erwerben Sie ein hochwertiges Qualitätserzeugnis, für das wir eine weltweite gültige Garantie nach folgenden Bedingungen gewähren:

Innerhalb von 30 Jahren ab dem Kaufdatum verpflichten wir uns zum Bereithalten der notwendigen Ersatzteile und stellen sicher, dass unsere Servicemitarbeiter die Kenntnisse und Fertigkeiten zur Durchführung erforderlicher Arbeiten besitzen.

Innerhalb von 2 Jahren ab dem Kaufdatum gewähren wir eine Garantie hinsichtlich der gesetzlichen Gewährleistungsansprüche des Käufers.

Für die Zielfernrohre der Produktlinien Zenith, Klassik und Hungaria gilt die Garantie hinsichtlich der gesetzlichen Gewährleistungsansprüche innerhalb von 10 Jahren ab Kaufdatum, wobei Arbeiten und Reparaturen infolge von Verschleiß ab Beginn des 3. Jahres ab Kaufdatum nicht von der Garantie umfasst wird.

Die Garantie gilt nicht für Schäden, die durch unsachgemäßen Gebrauch entstanden sind.

Die Garantie enfällt nach Eingriff und Reparaturen, die nicht durch einen von uns autorisierten Reparaturdienst vorgenommen worden sind.
You may try Google Translator and see for yourself, 30 Years is just the Time S&B will have Parts and Trained Personal on Hand to repair your Scope. 2 Years is the Warranty given by Law. For the Zenith, Klassik and Hungaria there's 10 Years Warranty, but not on Wear an Tear starting with the 3rd Year after Purchase.

I can't tell you how it's handled in the States and if the Scopes sold in the US fall under different rules, but the Way I described it is what it's like in Germany.

Any Manufacturer may repair Stuff that is 50 Years old, he's free to do so, there's no Law against that. So Timeframes set by Law are just that, the Law.