• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series well i am thinking about buying one and wont to hear any opinions or experiences with them. thanks

scott

Re: S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series

I dont have a smith, but 1911s in 9x19 are a joy to shoot.

My buddy purchased one several months ago, and he loves it. I fired a few boxes of FMJ through it, and it was smooth and accurate. If you're looking for a reliable, accurate 9mm 1911, the S&W Pro Series is a nice pistol.

one of the benefits of shooting 9mm in l911, if you reload, is being able to seat the bullet to use the longer 1911 mag. length, which in effect gives you 38 super velocities. If your interested in going further get a throat reamer and free bore a bit a'la weatherby to relieve pressure, then experiment a bit. Its well worth it.

thanks guys i was having second thoughts but money is enroute and the pistol should be here this week.

I have a stainless Springfield Loaded in 9x19mm, and nothing keeps up with it at the local steel matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a stainless Springfield Loaded in 9x19mm, and nothing keeps up with it at the local steel matches.</div></div>

funny thing is that is the exact same pistol i used to own and have regreted selling it since, hopefully the s&w won't let me down the 45 one i used to have was fantastic so i would assume a pro series 9mm would also be great.

They should make a Scandium, commander sized 9mm 1911.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should make a Scandium, commander sized 9mm 1911. </div></div>

+1

I have an STI Trojan single stack in 9mm and love it. Good buy for the features you get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a stainless Springfield Loaded in 9x19mm, and nothing keeps up with it at the local steel matches.</div></div>

funny thing is that is the exact same pistol i used to own and have regreted selling it since, hopefully the s&w won't let me down the 45 one i used to have was fantastic so i would assume a pro series 9mm would also be great.</div></div>

I prefer the Loaded model with its Novak rear sight instead of the Target model with the adjustable rear sight, which seems more common.

I took a look at them but went with a Kimber Pro Carry for $800.