• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W M&P22 .22 muzzle threads too long

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I just picked up a S&W M&P22 .22lr today. I went to take the A2 birdcage off so I could put my TBAC 22 Takedown on but ran into a problem. The threads on the muzzle are too long for the suppressor. I have roughly .0144 of threads still showing when I screw the suppressor on until the muzzle just touches the first baffle. I figure I have 2 options. Option 1 is to have the muzzle threads shortened slightly. Not really interested in that since the barrel is only 16" to begin with. Option 2 is to find a shim that would fit between the shoulder and the suppressor. Does anyone have any other recommendations or options? Anyone know where I can get metal shim made at least .015" thick and around .67 in diameter to match the barrel? I will be calling TBAC to see what they recommend as far as the maximum length for the threads. I don't want to screw the suppressor on too far and risk damaging the baffle. I also posted this in the rimfire section.

I had this issue on my CZ455 with a Warlock. My son 3D printed a shim for me that worked perfect, similar to the above shim.