• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

S&W MP 15-22 Most Accurate ammo?

ARS031

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2009
Home
Hey guys, picked up the 15-22 and am trying to figure out what my most accurate factory ammo will be for target shooting?

From what I understand, my best bet is subsonic ammo, but I also want to make sure theres enough powder in the round to cycle the action.

Does anyone have experience with this gun and has tested different ammo types to figure out what the best factory target ammo is?

Re: S&W MP 15-22 Most Accurate ammo?

If it won't run on match ammo, buy a spring kit from Lakeside Machine.

Intended for Atchisson conversions, it includes 3 full length recoil springs, two different reduced strength hammer springs, and a light disconnector spring. About $25.

The recoil spring is easily removed, a install a shortened spare and keep chopping until it runs.

Re: S&W MP 15-22 Most Accurate ammo?

If you want cheap stuff the Winchester 333 pack ammo and CCI Mini-Mags were as consistent as anything through mine. They stayed right about 1" at 50 yards. I tried Win 333, Federal 550 bulk, CCI mini-mags, CCI standard velocity, CCI Blazer, and Fed 510. I can't help if you are looking at premium stuff as I just can't make myself spend that much on .22 ammo.