• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns S&w shields. Whats the story?

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
Bought one for the wife a few months ago, now that I want one, I cant find them anywhere. (looking for the 9mm).
Anyone have any insight, updates or ETAs on shipment waves?

Re: S&w shields. Whats the story mo

They're so hard to find, I would just call around. I ended up getting mine from NJ.

I have been told that smith is holding them and sending them In batches not just 1 or 2 at a time

The local sportsman warehouse and academy here have been having them in stock about everytime I have been in there. I had to order mine from FL when I bought mine a couple months ago. Good luck

I can't find one to save my life, tons o' 40's but no 9's in stock.

There are at least 18 new 9mm Shields on Gunbroker right now...

Just got my second Shield 9MM today. I really like this gun.
Good luck on getting one. They can be tricky to find. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Yea the shield is def hard to come by. I was hoping S&W would have caught up by now. If you are wanting one now with no wait check out Gunbroker they are always on there. But be prepared to pay for it.

Re: S&w shields. Whats the story?

Just got a tip ; my gunstore might have them on the 1st wk of DEC. also offering Mil/Leo pricing.

I love mine. My gun range gets probably one a month and it sells fast. I have been seeing them at gun showes but mostly .40. Good luck

I had my local gun shop order one. It took about a month and a half to come in. Worth the wait.

I have been trying to find one in the San Antonio area for a couple of months with no success. I have had it on my 'wish list' at Buds for at least a month. I saw a used one on a local forum that lasted less than a day and IIRC it was going for over $500. My wife is already pissed because I currently have four carry guns to choose from (PM9, P290RS, HKP7, and Glock 23).

In san antonio check nardis gun club. I shoot there alot and see one in there often. Its were I picked mine up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clarkarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In san antonio check nardis gun club. I shoot there alot and see one in there often. Its were I picked mine up </div></div>

I was actually there last week or the week before, when they had their 'grand opening' even though they have been open for months. I asked about a Shield and they said they got one every once in a while but so infrequently they did not even have a waiting list.

Killeen has a shop that offers mil and leo discount. Check s&w website for leo dealers.

I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and picked up a 9mm Shield used about two months after they were introduced. I love this little thing. I have probably 1000rds through it, and have had zero issues. Makes a great secondary to my M&P Pro duty gun, and an awesome off duty piece.

Today was apparently my lucky day. I've had one on order since they were announced at the NRA show in April, with my regular FFL, but he has not received any. I missed one the other week from another shop. I was on their list, but they mis-dialed my # and thus I never received the call nor message that they had one for me. I just happened to stop in this week to learn that.
mad.gif
Today I decided to call a few of the other shops in the area (100 mile radius) and found a shop that didn't have a waiting list and had just received a shipment of about a dozen. I bought one over the phone and will be there to pick it up when they open tomorrow.
grin.gif

I had a 4 month wait on the list at my LGS. Ran the first hundred through it yesterday without a single hiccup and more accurate than I expected. I love it.

Mike

Saw at least 30 of em at the saxet (texas) gun show this weekend in san antonio.
No LEO discount love so I didnt bite.

There will be another gun show in San Antonio this weekend you may want to stop by and see if you have better luck

Wow, someone would have to be a fucking idiot to pay that price. MSRP is $450 and I have never paid MSRP for a new gun. Good luck in the search. Did you ever contact any of your local gun shops and try to have them order you one?

I had been waiting on a 9mm, but had a 40 for sale in the shop I work part time in. Dumb luck a guy walks in and trades a 9 with the lazer max on the 40. So I bought the used 9mm. He bought the 9 when he could find a 40. BTW we have recieved 4 40's this month but no 9's. Took the lazer off and have put about 500 rounds through it, I really like it and it fits the wife way better then my Glock 23. Now to find a holster I like.

Pd721el,
Not to get off topic. My Shield fits in all the regular M&P holsters I have, including the Galco Kingtuk. I can turn the holster upside down and it wont slip out.

Has anyone heard bout the shield accidentally discharging? I really wanted one but read somewhere that there had been several accidental discharges.

Never heard of an accidental discharge that wasnt operator induced. Keep your finger off the trigger when unholstering. The shield also has a thumb safety if you so care to use it.
Internals are pretty much the same as the other M&P pistols. I polished some of the parts on mine. After reassembly I smacked it off wood block a few times to ensure the striker would not release. GTG. I say buy with confidence.

Buds police supply!
Edit: (add) within 1hr after this post, sold out
smirk.gif

If you have a Gander mountain close buy ask them when they receive there gun shipments and then show up around that time to see if they had any come in. I did that and a week later I showed up about an hour after the Gentleman told me and sure enough they received one. I paid list for it though.