• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors S&W Sigma

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
Just inherited a 9mm S&W, I believe it's a Sigma. Looks an awful lot like my Glock. What can you guys tell me about this pistol. Are the worth a damn? Plan on keeping it to get more time in at the handgun range, as 9mm is a bit cheaper than .40. Any info appreciated. Thanks,
Eric

Re: S&W Sigma

A friend of mine has one, and from experience, I can tell you that the trigger alone makes this handgun the most unenjoyable shooting experience I have had, to date.

12 lbs or so, if I had to guess. Maybe more.

I had one many moons ago. The trigger forces you to focus on fundamentals more. It's a good gun for the price, but a GLOCK it ain't.

think this might be another example of you get what you pay for. since you inherited it I would just sell it and move on unless it has some meaning to you.

Good truck or stash gun. Decent accuracy but yes the trigger is not so great.

The gun store I used to work for sold more of these than any other semi auto handgun. It was also the number one gun we got back on consignment. The trigger is horrible on them, in my opinion, but they run reliably.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckeye Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think this might be another example of you get what you pay for. since you inherited it I would just sell it and move on unless it has some meaning to you. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep...shit gun... </div></div>

Completely disagree.

The one I own was inexpensive, has a long heavy trigger pull and has been extremely reliable throughout 2500 rounds. The only issue I have ever had was FTE with cheap wolf steel cased ammo.

For $300 it has been a very good pistol.

Get a new wolf striker spring and it will cut the trigger pull in half or look up trigger job and it will be allot better.

Thanks for the info. Am keeping, if for no other reason than it was my mother's pistol. I did notice the trigger was pretty crappy, but hey it's a hand me down freebie. As long as it functions properly, it's not like my life is depending on it. I have my Glock and my Mossy as my goto's. Again thanks for the replies.
Eric

This was the first handgun that I bought new several years back. The trigger definitely sucks bad!