• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC 260 Rem

mossyoak79

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
South Central PA
Anyone familiar with SAC Rifles? I picked this up in a trade years ago and its sat in my safe every since. I've never fired it. Looking for other owners and experiences with these and thoughts on this build.

Attachments

• sideview.png
    sideview.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 111
  • buttstock.png
    buttstock.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 101
  • crown.png
    crown.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 80
  • topview.png
    topview.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 93
  • buildsheet.png
    buildsheet.png
    5 MB · Views: 116
Horrible rifles and company. If you paid over 200$ you got ripped off. I have a friend who needs a fence post and since there's a shortage of them ill give you 200$ for it. And by the way why qould anything ever be chambered in .260?? If you keep it atleast go creedwhore or gaytiger.

Short Action Customs builds incredible rifles. Mark has always been a pleasure to deal with. You have a rifle from someone on the short list of top tier precision rifle gunsmiths. Enjoy it!

They build great rifles. Looks like you have a top-notch hunting rifle on your hands.

This the same rifle you are selling on longrangehunting..........
I have been going back and fourth for months on whether or not to keep or sell this rifle and just want to get more information on it. As stated, I obtained the rifle in a trade deal when I was selling several other factory rifles and I have never mounted a scope or fired the rifle.

I have three rifles built by Mark and SAC and they are all hammers! This will be a great rifle for whomever buys it.

Reactions: toader
I have been going back and fourth for months on whether or not to keep or sell this rifle and just want to get more information on it. As stated, I obtained the rifle in a trade deal when I was selling several other factory rifles and I have never mounted a scope or fired the rifle.
My experience says that you might as well and go shoot it and see if you like it. Rarely do unfired custom rifles sell for a couple hundred off of the original build price much less at all. Most of the customs in the PX are usually sold at a discount or asked to separate out the barreled action from the stock. Most people want to know how they shoot before spending the $ and would eat the extra $ to have it exactly their way.

I think you could go and shoot it and see what you think. Your range session may help sell it.

Last edited:
Reactions: toader