• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Sac. area shooting resource recommendations

Cleanmiss

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
sacramento
Does anyone from the Sacramento/nor cal area have any recommendations for stores, smiths and ranges (other than sac valley)? I know we are kind of a niche market for the shooting sports, but it would be nice to have shop I can go and put my hands on stuff. Not worried about spending a little more from a store rather than ordering online. I have found some killer back country shooting spots but sometimes a range is nice too. Thanks

Reactions: CSTactical
im in placerville , to get any distance ill shoot the eldorado ntl forest and when that closes for fire danger i make the trek to carson city.

Reactions: charnicus
Does anyone from the Sacramento/nor cal area have any recommendations for stores, smiths and ranges (other than sac valley)? I know we are kind of a niche market for the shooting sports, but it would be nice to have shop I can go and put my hands on stuff. Not worried about spending a little more from a store rather than ordering online. I have found some killer back country shooting spots but sometimes a range is nice too. Thanks

For Smiths you have Rubicon Precision (Greenwood) and Spartan (San Jose less NorCal). I’m sure there’s others but I only know those two. You’d really do yourself a favor by taking a trip to Nevada. Off of 50E past Fallon just choose a spot. The farther East the better it gets. No such problems as “fire season”. I’ve never been to Sac Valley but from what I’ve heard that place is hard to beat. Redding has a first come first serve outdoor range that’s free to use. I wouldn’t drive from Sacramento just to use it though. CS Tactical in Elk Grove is the only niche shop I know of.

Yeah I'm in the same boat for the most part. I use the 2 national forests and blm. I try to get to Minden area in the spring before the heat too. I'm just getting back into precision and long range so I've been going out scouting for new spots while scouting for deer season. Do you know of any gun stores around us to get lapua ammo and or any gun parts? I really want to try the 155 scenars in my ctr but nobody has em without having to order at an insane amount of mark up.

For Smiths you have Rubicon Precision (Greenwood) and Spartan (San Jose less NorCal). I’m sure there’s others but I only know those two. You’d really do yourself a favor by taking a trip to Nevada. Off of 50E past Fallon just choose a spot. The farther East the better it gets. No such problems as “fire season”. I’ve never been to Sac Valley but from what I’ve heard that place is hard to beat. Redding has a first come first serve outdoor range that’s free to use. I wouldn’t drive from Sacramento just to use it though. CS Tactical in Elk Grove is the only niche shop I know of.
I work in EG and I completely forgot about CS tactical! Is he still in the back of MTG? Sac valley is nice but you have to be a member to shoot their 1000. I no longer give the NRA my money so I guess it's not an option for me... My rifle is almost ready but I need to find an arca clamp for my tbac, then it's re zero and re dope.

I work in EG and I completely forgot about CS tactical! Is he still in the back of MTG? Sac valley is nice but you have to be a member to shoot their 1000. I no longer give the NRA my money so I guess it's not an option for me... My rifle is almost ready but I need to find an arca clamp for my tbac, then it's re zero and re dope.
Yup that’s the one. Their Instagram was showing something else is in the works but cannot speak on that. Last I was there was maybe a year ago. I mainly do online shopping. The vendors here have pretty awesome return policies and don’t seem to mind (openly) buying a couple things and maybe keeping none of it.

My wife just found them on Instagram. They're on enterprise off howe Ave now, which is good because I'm close to that area. As for dealing with hide vendors, I can say that the guys at KRG have been great to me the past couple of days.

KRG is an excellent operation. I’d always recommend them. If you get bored one day you oughta go see what they have.

@CSTactical

they can definitely build you a top notch custom gun for whatever your needs are
- give them a call or email during the week

as for ranges, it's tough to beat sac valley

Seems like a lot of trails around the area. I’m not good at scouting on google maps. Still haven’t found a place to deer hunt.

I guess the clear cut patches work in our favor :sneaky:
I'm sorry do you live up here ?I can be way more specific. I have a friend that does a lot of deer hunting around Bunker Hill in the eldorado national Forest. I shoot off peavine ridge near Union valley reservoir it's not ideal but you can shoot down the power lines and get 1000 yards. If I'm looking for more then I'll just run out to Carson City.

I'm sorry do you live up here ?I can be way more specific. I have a friend that does a lot of deer hunting around Bunker Hill in the eldorado national Forest. I shoot off peavine ridge near Union valley reservoir it's not ideal but you can shoot down the power lines and get 1000 yards. If I'm looking for more then I'll just run out to Carson City.

yeah I live in North Natomas.

I’m hunting with a D3-5 tag. Looking at OnX there’s lots of places but figuring out the roadways is confusing

yeah I live in North Natomas.

I’m hunting with a D3-5 tag. Looking at OnX there’s lots of places but figuring out the roadways is confusing
There Are so many logging roads out there you can get twisted and confused.

OnX is a really good resource for sure. In the d3-5 zone it can turn into a bit of a zoo during rifle season. The best way is to just get out and start exploring then pick a few different areas. It's not impossible to get away from other hunters especially if you hike away from major roads and camp areas.