• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SAC does it again!

TXatty

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
Finger Lakes Region of NY
I took a 12 hour roadtrip on Halloween to pick this up from Mark. It was well worth the drive to meet him in person and see where the magic happens. Even better than Santa's workshop!
P1000737.jpg

Acton: FN SPR with 20 MOA Near rail
Barrel: Rock Creek 1:11.25, #6 sporter contour in 308 Win, finished at 20 inches
Stock: Manners MCS T-A,
Scope: US Optics SN-3 1.8-10 in Badger low rings

As we've seen before, Mark's work is beautiful: Badger bolt knob conversion, threaded barrel with custom thread protector, pillar bedding, trigger work, and Cerakote.

P1000740.jpg

P1000747.jpg

P1000763.jpg

P1000742.jpg

And as I expected, the rifle is far more capable than I am. After sighting in, my first 5 round group at 100 yards could be covered with a quarter. There are 4 rounds in the top hole; the 5th round dropped a bit and significantly opened up the group. (I was using Southwest Ammo's 175 SMK in Win brass).

P1000759.jpg

Re: SAC does it again!

Looks good

Been meaning to contact Mark about a FN SPR build for myself.

Jesse,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice </div></div>

You know you wanna send your SPS-T to SAC.

I'm sending my M2008 over there to get built
wink.gif

Wow, I look like a bum in the picture! I guess working all day every day stuck in the shop will do that to you...haha

Matt, it looks great and it looks like it shoots just as good! Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Mark

very nice indeed, shame about the 5th round - was that you or the ammo? How much was the build if you don't mind being asked?

A good friend of mine reported back to me that he had a great experience with Mark just recently. Soon my LTR will be there getting Badger metal put in. Good job Mark! No congratulations needed with good ol' USMC values.

very nice. love the simple black and tan look.

also, i spy some cashmoney on that shop table lol.

Please stop sending these sticks to Mark. He has absolutely no clue what he is doing
smile.gif
I kid I kid. Soon, Mark is going to be over loaded like all the other great smiths and where the hell am i gonna send my stuff?

Mark has done a few things for me and his work is top notch. I recommend him at the highest level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice indeed, shame about the 5th round - was that you or the ammo? How much was the build if you don't mind being asked? </div></div>

The 5th round was my fault. The Southwest Ammo is great. I just need to learn how to shoot better.

Build cost was cost of components plus Mark's rates per his website (which are a great deal, in my opinion). Action is from CDNN, barrel through the SH group buy, and stock direct from Manners. I picked up the scope and rings from George at GAP last spring when he was having his "I'm buying a new fishing boat" sale. That was a score!

Mark, awesome job. You will not go wrong with this guy. On top of being a top notch rifle smith, he has a heart of gold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RODENT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A good friend of mine reported back to me that he had a great experience with Mark just recently. Soon my LTR will be there getting Badger metal put in. Good job Mark! No congratulations needed with good ol' USMC values. </div></div>

You wont be sorry Rodent even though you dont even shoot anymore.
smile.gif

Nicely done once again Mark.

Great looking gun. I have a package from Mark that was delivered today and I can't wait to get home to check it out. This last hour of work is going to go super slow.

Good looking build. The fit and finish between the bolt handle and bolt knob is very clean. Nice work SAC.

Clean work and real nice handy looking rifle. Barrel looks more like a #6 heavy varmint ... I could be wrong.

As a matter of fact I'm after this similar build as we type. Same stock and very similar countour.

OP... What's that smokin little hooker weigh in at? My guess is 12.5 lbs+-

Perhaps Mark can advise if possible...