• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SAC: Switchbarrels for George on Season 2 Top Shot

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

I just wanted to share some pictures of 2 builds I recently completed. These were for George from Season 2's Top Shot. I met George at the NRA show in Pittsburgh, PA and spoke with him later about getting him some rifles.

He wanted a rifle for him self and his shooting partner. The idea is same dope, same load and general uniformity in a solid package with out "too much" going on. These rifles needed to be switch barrels so they can be used in all different competitions they would be shooting in. The calibers chosen were 300 Win Mag and 308 Win.

Scott Mcree hooked us up with some really nice Chassis' for the builds. I like the Mcree Chassis because they are extremely modular and built like tanks. I have always had the proper support for the actions in these stocks, and the mag systems and all other components have worked great.

Here are the specs...

2 actions
4 bolts
4 barrels

Short Action Customs "Alpha 11" Long Action, right Hand
Blind Side Bolt Release
Blind Rear Tang
30 MOA rail, double pinned, with (6) 8/40 screws.
Double Pinned recoil lug
Short Action Customs "Lower Bolt Clearance" mod.
Timney 510U triggers

Bartlein M40 contour barrels.
30 cal, .299 bore, 1-10" twist, 5R rifleing
308 has 22.5" length with M40 Crown.
300 Win Mag has 24" length with M40 Crown.

All metal was finished in Cerakote Patriot Brown with Graphite Black accents.

Enjoy!

Mark

IMG_2260_001.jpg

IMG_2192_001.jpg

IMG_2200_001.jpg

IMG_2206_001.jpg

IMG_2210_001.jpg

IMG_2211_001.jpg

IMG_2215_001.jpg

IMG_2230_001.jpg

IMG_2228_001.jpg

IMG_2255_001.jpg

Re: SAC: Switchbarrels for George on Season 2 Top Shot

Damn nice rifles!

I cannot remember, George is the Airforce Sniper right, Either way they should be proud, nice looking rifles.

Outstanding work Mark!

WOW......Those things are beautiful

And sure enough it takes no longer then 1 week for me to regret getting rid of my Mcree...Those are some beautiful builds Mark.

Mark,
The rifles look really nice. Very clean. What is the process for the shooter to change the barrel? What is needed , how involved?
Jack

As usual, very nice builds Mark. Great story behind the rifles too!

Very nice rifles.

However, it still doesnt change the fact he embarrassed the entire United States Air Force, on national television, multiple times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifles.

However, it still doesnt change the fact he embarrassed the entire United States Air Force, on national television, multiple times. </div></div>

Haha, he was a douche for sure, just his general arrogant attitude.

However, what he did for Chris at the end was amazing. Reversed my entire opinion of him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifles.

However, it still doesnt change the fact he embarrassed the entire United States Air Force, on national television, multiple times. </div></div>

Haha, he was a douche for sure, just his general arrogant attitude.

However, what he did for Chris at the end was amazing. Reversed my entire opinion of him.</div></div>

Its only bluster if you cant back it up. And he did. Repeatedly.

I don't think there is a question he threw the shot at the end. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. Was (is?) his attitude overbearing? Sure. But he walks the walk and he's not a <span style="font-style: italic">complete</span> asshole.

Nice guns, hope he enjoys them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark,
The rifles look really nice. Very clean. What is the process for the shooter to change the barrel? What is needed , how involved?
Jack </div></div>

You need a torque wrench, barrel clamp, and an action wrench.

See video series from STR. This should give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n191F9c1YiQ&feature=youtu.be

You gotta remember he is a sniper, so I'd imagine the majority would have a type A personality. In the end he still showed he was a good guy.

I'm USAF and I wasn't embarrassed at all. It was nice to see that it wasn't just all Marines in the final 4. He backed up his talk in every event. Maybe it'll put an end to the notion that the only people in the air force are either pilots or a desk jockey.

I have the same attitude at work, if you suck, I'm gonna call it as it is and GTFO so I can get that shit done because I don't want to spend 8 hours in -40º weather because you can't do your job.

As for the rifles, excellent as always Mark!

I love the switch barrels! Makes me think hmmmmmm, future project?

Patriot brown! Hell yeah, I am waiting on a set of receivers to come back from Mike Bush right now in good old patriot brown.

Very nice twins no matter how you stack them up!

I think he blew the shot because his ego couldn't handle losing if he gave it his all. If he lost on his terms he could justify it as "I would have won..."

I didn't like him. Good shot though. But his cocky attitude was off putting to me. I tried to cut him slack thinking it was how the show was edited, they needed to create a villan, and i was sure he was probably a cool dude in real life. But then I saw his audition tape. That is seriously who he is. In his audition video "I like to work out, as you can tell..." as he flexes hos biceps. Seriously?

I had no idea that George was an alternative lifestyle guy. I'm glad he thought of his partner when he got a cool rifle and made it cool rifle(s). I had a feeling that George was a "neat guy" when Adam told me about their watch party in Jersey.
Anyhow you slice it those are nice guns and George and his partner should be pleased to have them.
Where's the season 1 guns.
Signed,
Jealous S1 guy

what barrel profile are those if you dont mind me asking?

edit - nevermind...overlooked it.

I know Mcrees makes a switch barrel system, anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks for the comments guys, Patriot Brown is a great color. It goes great with Greens, Browns and Tans. Heck even black looks sweet with Patriot Brown. I like it better because its a little darker and FTE and Coyote are too light for my personal preference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chittnp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know Mcrees makes a switch barrel system, anyone have any experience with it? </div></div>

The Mcrees system is similar to the Savage system. You have a locking barrel nut that controls headspace. It is pretty much a Savage Barrel done right, and they can be made in a production speed.

I am just old fashioned.....A standard barrel shoulder timed up correctly is the best!

Mark