• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SAC The Bullet Seating Die

Sounds like I’m buying one lol

I haven’t ordered the seating die yet, however I did buy the resizing die for my dasher and wow. This thing is so sweet. Maybe it’s just in my head but it seems that resizing is a lot easier with this die for whatever reason.

Reactions: Krob95
i have 2 of these , have #1 and #2 both. Am dumping my wilson dies .. these couple with the warner body dies perfectly.

Would this die work for 30-06? I believe it meets the body diameter specs.

Well. I pulled the trigger. Hoping it’ll be here before I get off hitch next week.

Could be a couple weeks judging from their email they just sent me 🥲

Well. I pulled the trigger. Hoping it’ll be here before I get off hitch next week.

Could be a couple weeks judging from their email they just sent me 🥲

What did it say? I was about to order one but may hold off for a little bit

A7515D67-D944-4C00-BD7C-00CEBD792413.png

Interesting, I ordered the sizing die last week and got it on Sunday. It took 3 days or so to ship though.

It’s possible it’ll ship a lot faster. It’s probably to set a maximum time line so people don’t bitch lol

Anyone know what the wait time is on resizing dies? I ordered a 6.5 CM on 11/27.

Probably so lol people are gonna bitch regardless though. I’d say that it’s definitely worth the wait however.

Anyone know what the wait time is on resizing dies? I ordered a 6.5 CM on 11/27.

I ordered a dasher die on last Monday and it shipped on Wednesday. It was in stock though so if they’re out of stock I’m not sure on wait times.

They're also very responsive to email - I hit reply on my order confirmation and I had an answer the next day.

I wish I had seen this thread before I bought dies for two new calibers recently. :cry:

I plan on buying a second one so I can have one with the ball in and one without. Not that it takes long to remove, just makes sense to have one setup for mag length cases and one for shorter BR cases without having to keep track of the ball.

I've been waiting for my 6mm barrel since Sept 1 from Bartlein.. they are slammed but I talked to Frank today he said end of next week....fingers crossed.

I have used the seater with 308 and it is awesome. Seating depth consistency was better than any seating die I've used. I'm very happy with it

@padom Are you running this die in a Dillon or Single Stage?

I’ve been checking SAC every few days to see if the 6.5 resizing die will return to being In Stock. I’ve got the seating die and it’s very nicely.
I asked when the 6.5 resizing die backorders would be filled. Mark responded it would be about 6 weeks.

Reactions: Kpchurch
I asked when the 6.5 resizing die backorders would be filled. Mark responded it would be about 6 weeks.

Been waiting on mine since 11/3, at least there is light in the tunnel now.

My light at the end of the tunnel came today. Got the email with tracking info for my seating die. Prepping brass right now for when it gets here

Reactions: Baron23
Friday to today, so a few days. Not too bad. Expected this coming Friday

Showed up today. Seems like a super high quality die over the Redding’s. Waiting on my autotrickler scale to warm up, gonna load some 6.5cm, 6CM, and 308 today probably.
015B4A08-78BA-4695-B80F-38E006200BAD.jpeg

Reactions: joemusso
Do you have the sizing die as well krob?

No sir. Not baller enough lol been using the mighty armory FL sizing dies though. If I ever got a 6br variant I would buy a SAC die though.

I was just curious lol my sizing die didn’t come with a lock ring lol I seen your seating die did

Just got my seater in yesterday. I’m a Redding fan for sure, but this die just blows away the craftsmanship of the Redding comp seater. Mark really set the bar high with this one

Thats forsure! There’s nothing better

Anybody running this seating die on a Forster Co-Ax ? I have ran mine on the Co-Ax and cannot get any better than .0015 runout. My Redding Comm seaters get everything within .0007 or better. This die needs to be better than that for the cost. Hoping it will be better on the Zero Press once it’s delivered, have to wait until mid March or so for that though. If anyone has any feedback would be appreciated. Could be I am doing something wrong to run it in the Co-Ax...
Thanks...

Anybody running this seating die on a Forster Co-Ax ? I have ran mine on the Co-Ax and cannot get any better than .0015 runout. My Redding Comm seaters get everything within .0007 or better. This die needs to be better than that for the cost. Hoping it will be better on the Zero Press once it’s delivered, have to wait until mid March or so for that though. If anyone has any feedback would be appreciated. Could be I am doing something wrong to run it in the Co-Ax...
Thanks...

How are you measuring 0.0007?

Reactions: spife7980
Did you measure your bullet seating depth consistency?? That was the biggest thing that stood out to me with The Seating Die vs all the others. 0.001 runout is excellent and you arent shooting any different. I think .001 is what they advertise as well. But the seating depth consistency from round to round was unbelievably consistent.

That is correct, but it does stop in between those markings. I cannot get this die to give me any better than .002 - .0025.
‘Thanks for questioning me...

I’m running mine on a Forster coax. I don’t measure run out because I can’t shoot the difference. Seating depth consistency is unmatched though. It’s infinitely better than my Redding seating dies i had.

Reactions: padom
All loaded rounds all within .0005... very consistent...

My buddy has a concentricity gauge I will try and run some of my loaded ammo over it see where it’s at

I've tested 200+ on my concetricity garage and I get .001 or less TIR....which means actual runout is half that....

Your post above just said .0015 now it's .002-.0025????
Most everything is running + .003 total divid by 2 is .0015, the best this has given me is .0010 to .0015 each direction And it’s not constant. We are certainly splitting hairs here, but my Redding die produces everything under .001 total. So if the best this thing can do is .001 then it is certainly not worth the $300.00.....
‘If I could get the die to do what yours is doing I would be very satisfied.

Most everything is running + .003 total divid by 2 is .0015, the best this has given me is .0010 to .0015 each direction And it’s not constant. We are certainly splitting hairs here, but my Redding die produces everything under .001 total. So if the best this thing can do is .001 then it is certainly not worth the $300.00.....
‘If I could get the die to do what yours is doing I would be very satisfied.

How are you sizing your brass. The sizing has just as much to do with runout as the seater

How are you sizing your brass. The sizing has just as much to do with runout as the seater
Ya for sure... All my sizing is spot on, spin the case alone and get less than .001 total runout, and shoulders are bumped within .0005 of each other. I do have a very good system in place for sizing brass. Maybe one of the internals on the die is not quite right, hell I don’t understand why it’s happening when all my other stuff works great.

Ya for sure... All my sizing is spot on, spin the case alone and get less than .001 total runout, and shoulders are bumped within .0005 of each other. I do have a very good system in place for sizing brass. Maybe one of the internals on the die is not quite right, hell I don’t understand why it’s happening when all my other stuff works great.

Bushing or FL sizing die? Measuring ID and OD of case neck?? What bullet? Measuring bullet by itself??

SAC bushing die. I have dummy rounded up 110 A-Tips, Sierra 107’s, Berger 109’s, and 115 Dtac’s. All are producing very similar results. I did all of these to see if there was a difference or if a particular bullet was the issue, but end result is the same.