• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SAC: XLR industries Chassis, Alpha 11 6.5 CM Build

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

I just wanted to share some picture of a build that I finished up on yesterday. This was my first time working with Kyle at XLR Industries and it was a pleasure. The stock was super clean and fit really well. I ran some tests and the chassis is not inducing any stress on the action, so that is good. I also put some Dykem on the bottom of the action, and the forward section of the stock is contacting the action very nicely, not just spotty contact here and there.

Fit and finish was great, the mag system worked flawlessly by holding/locking the magazine in relationship to the action so feeding was proper and smoother. There was not any extra up and down play with the magazine either. The buttstock was well thought out and fit me nicely. I like the adjustable butt system on this chassis. It is very user friendly and overall is a light package.

The barreled action was started off as a Short Action Customs Alpha 11 Medium action. It has a SAC flutes on the bolt, M16 extractor with our match firing pin assembly. The action has the blind side bolt release, double pinned recoil lug and 20 MOA base with (6) 8/40 screws and 2 pins to secure the base. We also performed our "Lower Bolt Clearance" modification to this action. This action (before and after the Melonite) with our Lower Bolt Clearance is so much smoother than any other Defiance, Surgeon, Stiller or Badger action out there.

Barrel is a Bartlein M40, 6.5 with 1-8.5" chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. We made a custom thread protector and installed an APA Little Bastard.

All metal on the barreled action has been Melonited by MMI Trutech.

We also installed one of Long Range Accuracy's very solid bipod on the front end. This bipod is very nice and is the most stable bipod I have used. Some nice features include 4 positions to angle the legs, retractable/extendable legs, swivels and locks up for uneven shooting, overall is not too heavy and bulky.

XLR Industries
[email protected]

Long Range Accuracy
[email protected]

Short Action Customs
[email protected]

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

The next 2 pictures show the proper Cocking Piece to Trigger Connector hand off. Note that no excessive engagement between the two.

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

Re: SAC: XLR industries Chassis, Alpha 11 6.5 CM Build

Oh man, the owner of that rifle is going to be VERY happy with it...

Gorgeous work, Mark. The attention to detail is exceptional as usual
smile.gif

I am DROOLING, Mark. Outstanding build, Sir. It's been, for me, one of the most eye-catching builds that I've seen here in a long time. What a unique piece of art work. Makes me want to commission you for an identical build. But first I need to sell my uncompleted build from GAP.

frown.gif

Cheers!!!!!
smile.gif

this is getting to be just too damn ridiculous! Can you guys start building poor looking rifles so I can at least not drool at the computer monitor. Appreciate it.

Stop it Mark, just stop it will ya. I am just not understanding the lower bolt clearance thing and what it does. If you get this action from you is this something already done or extra and i am assuming the fluting is extra also. Great looking rifle and the Hide is not a good place for 1 to be looking always, it can be costly.

I wonder how this bipod performs with the McRee Chassis systems? Looks like it would be a great option for the heavy caliber rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how this bipod performs with the McRee Chassis systems? Looks like it would be a great option for the heavy caliber rifles. </div></div>

Funny you should mention that. My 308 in a McCrees was run last weekend at a local match and it performed admirably. Big improvement over the Atlas that was on there. The guy who makes them sent out a couple of samples for guys to try and one ended up on my backup rifle for someone to use during the match (last minute rifle failure).

It does great on everything that I've put it on.

This thread has some pictures with the bipod on my tan McCrees (suppressed 20" 308)

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2640091&page=2

Mark,

The grey looks awesome. Also, love how the engraving on the barrel is visible through the hand guard vent. Very nice.

More details on the "Lower Bolt Clearance" mod, please.

Nice work!
-Chris

Looks great as usual Mark!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More details on the "Lower Bolt Clearance" mod, please. </div></div>

+1!

I remember reading about this mod in a past feature build you did and you spiked my curiosity. Please toss some details our way.

I've never been a real big fan of the chassis setup, but that is great looking rifle. Very impressive build there, sir.

thats one clean looking rifle. nice attention to details too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More details on the "Lower Bolt Clearance" mod, please. </div></div>

+1!

I remember reading about this mod in a past feature build you did and you spiked my curiosity. Please toss some details our way. </div></div>

Shooters, Check out this new thread I started explaining the features and benefits of our actions as well as our new Lower Bolt Clearance modification.

Mark

Lower Bolt Clearance thread.