• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sad Day

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
'Tis a sad day indeed at the Kinsman's house.
Sometime last night my puppy, Boy Dog wandered the half mile from the house to the highway, and was hit by a car. I found him dead and cold.
He was the finest puppy that I have had in many a year. Intelligent playful, and a great companion.

I will surely miss him.

Re: Sad Day

Sory to hear about this. I've lost so many pet to the roads. Now I keep my pets pinned up the best I can. They never get out unless I'm out with them. I had one Of GSD pass in her pin a few weeks back. Just know there in a better place running free.

RIP pup!

Sorry to hear about that - definitely sad...

If I get property I'll be putting in a fenced area behind the house for pets - coyotes and cars are not pet-friendly.

Sad, sorry bro, especially puppies as they are just learning
frown.gif

It is indeed a bad day when you lose a dog.
I had two Springer Spanials that I loved. One went under at age 12 and the other at age 14. They were brothers from the same litter. We had the bitch that bore them so it was a long time coming, as we lost the Mother dog first so this thing went on for a lot of years. I dearly loved the Mother dog as well.
I think it is easier to lose a dog to traffic and have road kill than to have them for many years and have to put them down.
I didn't want any more dogs and told my Old Lady that, but after about a year, she brought home two little puppies and asked me if we could keep them.????
My first reaction was "NO HELL NO" what do you not understand about,"I don't want any more dogs???"
I did defer to someone on the Hide so adroitly refers to as "Panty 6" or Pantie6 or something like that, whatever.
Today I am feeding 2 mongrels that I love.
Panty 6 was right. I needed those pups to help me.
Since they were so active and full of piss and vinegar, I named them after old Army anti-aircraft missles.
Nike Zeus and Nike Ajax.
Zeus and Jax are with me now as I write this.
Thanks Panty 6, you knew what I needed. Regards, FM

That sucks plain and simple. My pup got out when she was one and a half ran through an intersection of two 4 lane highways before a car came to a screeching halt right in front of her thank god she just froze so I could pick her up and carry her home.