• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Safety issue: 1911 in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion holster = NO BUENO!

truth

pewpewpew
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
Seabeck, WA
Very comfortable holster but there's a major flaw for any gun with a thumb safety. The backing is too pliable and will allow the safety to become disengaged while holstered unbeknownst to the wearer. I've had it happen 3 times now with a 1911 and will be tossing the rig in the trash. The first time I chalked it up to my own failure to safety the weapon. The second time became a serious cause for concern and warranted a test with an unloaded firearm. The third time proves there is a major issue in the design of this holster for use with any firearm that is carried cocked and locked with a thumb safety. Mind you my 1911's are not ambi so the safety was disengaged while tucked against the inside wall of the holster.

Tuckable Kydex and Leather Holsters: Silent Thunder Fusion Model | Garrett Holsters

This has been noted for various holsters in different situations. If you want to "save" the holster a little leather work to indent the safety lever in the proper position might work for you. Some people have even gos so far as to cut out the area where the edge of the safety rides, locking it in (a safe) place.

If you carry a 1911 often enough, especially with an ambi safety, you will fight the dreaded safety off syndrome, regardless of the holster. If T300 does not send you the shipping I am glad to email you a prepaid USPS label.