• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sako 75/85 varmint 223

Re: sako 75/85 varmint 223

No one owns these rifle?
frown.gif

This load works in all 223 rifles I have including the Sako.

27.2 grns of Varget- it is a compressed load
50 grn Vmax
Rem 7 1/2 primer

Experiment with COL to find the best accuracy

any experience on havier head fora long range.. 75 grainer<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PD nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This load works in all 223 rifles I have including the Sako.

27.2 grns of Varget- it is a compressed load
50 grn Vmax
Rem 7 1/2 primer

Experiment with COL to find the best accuracy</div></div>

Mine has a 12twist. I have had no luck with anything heavier than 55gr. not surprised but had to try. I've had good luck with 27.5gr. of varget and 52gr. sierra's. 50gr. ballistic tips have given good results too.

I'm in the process of trying to work something out with 36gr.

Good luck.

Apreciate that mate... mine jas 8 twist.. so im kinda aiming 75-80 grain..ty agaib
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hithard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine has a 12twist. I have had no luck with anything heavier than 55gr. not surprised but had to try. I've had good luck with 27.5gr. of varget and 52gr. sierra's. 50gr. ballistic tips have given good results too.

I'm in the process of trying to work something out with 36gr.

Good luck.</div></div>

I take it that it is 26" with that 8 twist

the make of the rifle has almost nothing to do with potential loads

for 69 gr SMK about 26 gr 2520 rem 7 1/2

very little real world reason to spend the extra $$ on 77-80 gr projectiles

lots of loads in the 223 section of the reloading depot that would apply

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I take it that it is 26" with that 8 twist

it has 23"5/8 barrel (24") im going to try push it to 600-800..
ty matte..ill try that and post result.
the make of the rifle has almost nothing to do with potential loads

for 69 gr SMK about 26 gr 2520 rem 7 1/2

very little real world reason to spend the extra $$ on 77-80 gr projectiles

lots of loads in the 223 section of the reloading depot that would apply</div></div>

brass, primer?
i do have 75 match hotnady BTHP but il try smk as well..its always good to start with others fav load
smile.gif
ty
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">23.5 grains of varget in a 75sierra BTHP</div></div>

by the way i dodnt think makes 75 gr BTHP.69/77 i think you prolly talking hornady
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">23.5 grains of varget in a 75sierra BTHP</div></div>

Ty mate il try that too:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is a M85/XS, 24" 1 in 8, single set trigger, as yet unfired. I loaded a spread of 77 SMK's with IMR 8208 XBR up to the book maximum. When I get a chance to shoot them I will post the results.

Sweet under rated rifle.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">by the way i dodnt think makes 75 gr BTHP.69/77 i think you prolly talking hornady
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">23.5 grains of varget in a 75sierra BTHP</div></div> </div></div>

You are correct it is a Hornady. Yesterday was a helluva Monday...lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">by the way i dodnt think makes 75 gr BTHP.69/77 i think you prolly talking hornady
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ProImaging</div><div class="ubbcode-body">23.5 grains of varget in a 75sierra BTHP</div></div> </div></div>

You are correct it is a Hornady. Yesterday was a helluva Monday...lol</div></div>
Lol..its ok.. i did try that combination on my semi with a good result but i prefer the hornady amax over their bthp.ty mate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very pleased with the rifle. After firing 14 rounds with out a scope on the rifle just shoot and clean the barrel felt slick and ready. I then fired my first developmental group with 77 SMK's over 22.4 grains of IMR 8208 XBR for a .446 MOA, then 22.6 for .782 which should have been a .490 but I goofed. Then 22.8 for a .578 and 23.0 for .390 and it began to open up at 23.2 the approximate book maximum. Brass was LC, primers Rem 7.5 BR and col was 2.346" about perfect contact to the rifling. Great rifle and wonderful factory trigger.

Sako-85-Varmint-Stainless_-Set-Trigger-o.jpg

I am now looking for a cheap spare magazine?</div></div>

Ty mate baretta got mag unsale for all sako 75