• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako 75 ejection woes

dlink4069

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and in need of some help. I have a Sako 75 stainless hunter in .300 Win Mag. I love the gun save for one thing. It doesnt eject the shells very well. If I have a full clip the first shell will usually get tossed free, but the others just come loose and fall back into the ejection port.

Its even worse on the last shell. It usually just pops out of the bolt as soon as it hits the ejection blade and goes nowhere.

I tried a few things, like opening the bolt fast and hard, and this didnt help much. Actually, on the shells it did eject, it just flung them into the bottom of my scope and put some small dings in it.

Am I missing something? Please help!

Re: Sako 75 ejection woes

Hi

Had have problems whit sako extractors. The remedy in my case, was that the owner(borrowed guns) did clean the bolts.

same problem here. Not real frequent, but sometimes it just drops the shells in the loading port......

keeping it clean and greased and putting a little umph on the bolt when you slide it back seems to help

So when you have a full MAGAZINE you say that you are having ejection problems.

Now is this with loaded rounds or fired brass that you're having issues with?

I have never had any issues with fired brass ejecting when cycling the bolt to chamber a fresh round.

I own two Sako 75's one in 270 Win and one in 300 WM.

I have 3 Sako 75's and they all eject great-all smaller calibers, though. Are you talking about empty, fired, brass that will not eject? or loaded rounds. Have you lubed the ejector & pushed with your fingers to loosen-new rifles may be coated with grease. Spray some brake cleaner on the ejector-- really hose it down -re lube with light oil. bet it's just a sticky ejector.

Empty and fired shells, I seem to have similar results.

I sounds like the common cause is a dirty bolt and ejector. I'll try hosing it with brake cleaner and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice all!!