• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako 75 IV in a Manners MCS-T

trg

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2003
Iceland
Does anybody have any experience with this combo?

I tried the Manners MCS-T stock the other day and I like the feel of it. It's got a short length of pull, palm swell and a high cheekpiece which would fit the 56mm scope I have on my Sako 75.

The only problems I have with it is the rough finish.
I saw a Roedale with a Howa action and the rear tang was sticking out of the stock like it wasn't designed for it.

I like the German Flaktarn camo though.

10_Howa_MCS_T_back.JPG

Re: Sako 75 IV in a Manners MCS-T

I'm wondering if the Sako 75 V or the A7 in 7mm RM is a good LR/tactical platform in something like a McMillan A5?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering if the Sako 75 V or the A7 in 7mm RM is a good LR/tactical platform in something like a McMillan A5? </div></div>

How 'bout a Sako M995 in 7mmRM and a McMillan A5?

Low bolt lift, excellent factory trigger, detachable magazine . . . what's not to like?

Picture008-5.jpg

Picture010-5.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">(5 @ 200 meters)</span>
Picture003-12.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering if the Sako 75 V or the A7 in 7mm RM is a good LR/tactical platform in something like a McMillan A5? </div></div>

How 'bout a Sako M995 in 7mmRM and a McMillan A5?

Low bolt lift, excellent factory trigger, detachable magazine . . . what's not to like?

Picture008-5.jpg

Picture010-5.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">(5 @ 200 meters)</span>
Picture003-12.jpg

</div></div>That's a beauty. Too bad it won't group.
grin.gif

How does that rifle compare with the 75? Can you compare it to a Sendero?
Am I hijacking the thread? I do that sometimes...sorry...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's a beauty. Too bad it won't group.
grin.gif

How does that rifle compare with the 75? Can you compare it to a Sendero?
Am I hijacking the thread? I do that sometimes...sorry...
</div></div>

I wish I could tell you. I've never held a Sako 75. I <span style="font-style: italic">believe</span> they offer a low bolt-lift and excellent trigger, but not all of them had a detachable magazine.

The Sendero uses a Remington 700 action. High bolt-lift and most likely a mediocre trigger. Fortunately the Remington 700 action is the king of aftermarket accessories. You'll be able to do just about anything you desire if you start with a 700 action.

Yes, I believe we're hijacking . . . sorry <span style="font-weight: bold">trg</span>.

TRG, yeah the MCS T was realy designed for the Remington 700.
The tang on the Howa does stick up a little.
It is possible to build up the tang area, but i think sticking bedding compound in any great thickness to the out side of a stock is asking for trouble later,
Once you get used to the howa tang sticking up a little, it actually looks right.
The rough finish is designed that was so you can grip the thing better, smooth stocks are a liability when they get wet.
Tom will do you any length of pull you require (within reason) I think 13.5" seems to be standard.

You can put and MCS T onto a Sako 75, but its not (as far as i know) an inlett that Manners Composits offers. Ive fitted several of his stocks to all sorts of actions, from Mauser 98's to Tikka 595's and Sako's, you just have to be able to inlet the things to suit the action in question, which can be a simple job, It also can be a right royal pain in the ass.
I would certainly like to see Manners Composits offering more inlets, but understand why they don't.

Glock24. That my friend is a nice rifle.
I always thought that the M995 was one of the nicest actions. Ive been looking for a TRG'S for years for my self. That search has ended with the introduction of our new Avenger II actions, wouldn't make sence now to go with the Sako, but the M995 is a great piece of kit. Ive got one in that belongs a customer who wants it re barreling to .300 Lapua.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete.

You're right about the rough finish being better in the wet. I'm going for the flecktarn camo anyway.

Steelcomp, I'm nominating you for thread hijackers of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the reply Pete.

You're right about the rough finish being better in the wet. I'm going for the flecktarn camo anyway.

Steelcomp, I'm nominating you for thread hijackers of the year. </div></div>I'm sorry.
blush.gif

Glock started it!!
cool.gif
grin.gif