• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako A7 308 vs Kimber 84m Light Police rifle

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
I had my sake up forsale a few weeks ago and was to sell it to a local guy at the range who stood me up. Well I pulled the idea of selling it for a while until I went to a local shop and checked out a Kimber Light Police rifle in 308. I really like a model 70 style action with the 3 position safety. I'm weird I guess. The only thing I don't like about the Sako is the magazine, I'd rather have a metal floorplate or a DBM. I'm wondering if grabbing the Kimber would be a mistake. Gun would mainly be used for varmint hunting and bench shooting out to 800 yards.

This only in 308 Kimber

I haven't owned a sako a7, but have had several 84m's. All of them have been very accurate and I really like that the action is scaled to the 308 round. Although that means less in a bench gun.

If my next rifle had to be a Sako or a Kimber it would be a Sako. Firstly Kimber seems to reorganize (thru chapt 11?) every few years then restart somewhere else as a new investor tries again. Trying to understand if any Kimber is really the right choice is just more effort than it is worth to me.

I've personally had poor results with Kimber hunting rifles and customer service, I'll never touch another one of their products.

I think I'll hang on to the Sako and skip the Kimber. I really wish someone still made a DBM for the sako.

Are the T3X's all long action or do they make a short action receiver now?
Other than the T1x rimfire, all Tikka T3 actions are the same length, the bolt release is slightly different on the LA version as it allows the bolt to go farther toward the rear and the factory mags Dont have a spacer to only allow SA cartridges to fit. Hope this helps

-Reagan

I had a feeling that was still the case. I doubt there will be much more support for the gun since the S20 is taking its place.