• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sako Quad guys

IAK

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2005
California
I know that after the group buy that the popularity of the Sako Quads have gone up. From what I've read, there seems to be a couple problems for using them for a build. First being there seem to be some failure to extract/eject issues. Second being magazine availability. Now that you guys have had yours for a while, any truth to those? Any other problems spring up? I know there are other nice bolt action .22's out there, but I am really leaning towards the Quad right now because I want a repeater and due to the components available for them. The fact that Mcmillan can inlet an A5 for one doesn't hurt either.

Re: Sako Quad guys

I've had a Quad that I've shot the hell out of - never an issue and the accuracy is cash. I've not even had any issues with the 10 round mags - which many seem to have had.

*I should note that after shooting the stock Quad, I couldn't really justify spending several hundred dollars on turning it into a trainer - even though the trainers looks sick. Shoots great with the factory plastic, so I kept it have have bought a few extras since.

Re: Sako Quad guys

The Quad extractor is not the most robust. For the most part it comes into play if you have a tight bore, after market barrel made for the Quad.
The 5 round magazines feed, for the most part, fine.
The 10 round magazines can be a bit of a challenge.
The really nice thing is the ability of switching from a 22LR to a 17 HMR with the same set-up. On calm days the 17 really stretches your reach and the accuracy is great.

As for magazines I purchased a bunch of 5 and 10 round 22LR and 22 Mag, when I bought the rifle so am not sure on current availability.

I went with DIP after market products which were developed after I purchased the gun. I really appreciated the work they did to provide picatinney rails and billet trigger guards for the Quads. Especially the rails as it makes swapping barrels a snap. The availability of rails and parts was very slim before Rimfire Technologies/Diversified Innovative Products.

Pat