Sako Quad Hunter Pro .22 LR Rifle

cjs88

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Anyone own one of these? Looking to get a nice bolt action 22lr to use for plinking without breaking the bank in ammo costs. Since they're Sako I'm going go assume they shoot lights out.

huntnh

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 15, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m a quad fan Iv had one for 10 years now. The switch barrel option is nice Iv got a heavy set up for nrl shooting and a light setup for hunting. Takes 5 minutes to switch. Both shoot lights out

cjs88

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Which barrels are you using for it? I'm torn between just getting one of these or seeing a vudoo build through.

Jrb572

Minuteman
    Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I just purchased one to replace my Anchutz 64 with. I like the switch barrel idea. I am taking it to the range today to see how it shoots. Wish it was a little easier t find a replacement stock for it.

cjs88

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    The stock kind of turns me away from it too. I like having an adjustable cheekpad. Took my tikka ctr out last weekend with the factory stock and the cheek rest is just too low for me.

huntnh

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 15, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Iv got a heavy 22lr and a standard plus a 22mag and 17hmr I use the standard plastic stock for hunting and picked up a McMillan for nrl

mrmarklin

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 11, 2021
    Burney, CA
    I have the Quad and it’s a great system. Very accurate, at least with the 17 HMR which I use the most. But other barrels seem OK as well.
    Vudoo is apples to SAKO orange. While SAKO is excellent, it’s not a custom build.

JG26_Irish

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 17, 2013
    Morehead, KY
    I have a custom quad in a McMillan A5 stock with a Lilja heavy bbl in 22lr, and a Lilja 17 M2 tapered bbl for hunting. It is one of my most accurate rifles and I have some very accurate rifles. As a hunter, it is heavy. Often too heavy for me to want to lug it around all day. But it depends on the type of hunting I am doing. As a shooter, it is great. Capable of hitting tgts as far out as 400y. It makes a good trainer for my centerfire rifle which is equipped with the same scope and similar stock.

Attachments

• Sako at 400y - 1.jpg
      Sako at 400y - 1.jpg
      899.7 KB · Views: 19
    • Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
      Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
      357 KB · Views: 19
    Reactions: Bevo

DFOOSKING

SoDak Cat
    Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2009
    Iceshack Village, Buttfuck Nowhere
    I have a custom quad in a McMillan A5 stock with a Lilja heavy bbl in 22lr, and a Lilja 17 M2 tapered bbl for hunting. It is one of my most accurate rifles and I have some very accurate rifles. As a hunter, it is heavy. Often too heavy for me to want to lug it around all day. But it depends on the type of hunting I am doing. As a shooter, it is great. Capable of hitting tgts as far out as 400y. It makes a good trainer for my centerfire rifle which is equipped with the same scope and similar stock.
    Glad my rifle was doin' good for you.

I wish I could've kept it. A lot of good rifles went down the road that year. :(