• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Hunter Pro .22 LR Rifle

cjs88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    Anyone own one of these? Looking to get a nice bolt action 22lr to use for plinking without breaking the bank in ammo costs. Since they're Sako I'm going go assume they shoot lights out.

I’m a quad fan Iv had one for 10 years now. The switch barrel option is nice Iv got a heavy set up for nrl shooting and a light setup for hunting. Takes 5 minutes to switch. Both shoot lights out

Which barrels are you using for it? I'm torn between just getting one of these or seeing a vudoo build through.

I just purchased one to replace my Anchutz 64 with. I like the switch barrel idea. I am taking it to the range today to see how it shoots. Wish it was a little easier t find a replacement stock for it.

The stock kind of turns me away from it too. I like having an adjustable cheekpad. Took my tikka ctr out last weekend with the factory stock and the cheek rest is just too low for me.

Iv got a heavy 22lr and a standard plus a 22mag and 17hmr I use the standard plastic stock for hunting and picked up a McMillan for nrl

I have the Quad and it’s a great system. Very accurate, at least with the 17 HMR which I use the most. But other barrels seem OK as well.
    Vudoo is apples to SAKO orange. While SAKO is excellent, it’s not a custom build.

I have a custom quad in a McMillan A5 stock with a Lilja heavy bbl in 22lr, and a Lilja 17 M2 tapered bbl for hunting. It is one of my most accurate rifles and I have some very accurate rifles. As a hunter, it is heavy. Often too heavy for me to want to lug it around all day. But it depends on the type of hunting I am doing. As a shooter, it is great. Capable of hitting tgts as far out as 400y. It makes a good trainer for my centerfire rifle which is equipped with the same scope and similar stock.

Attachments

• Sako at 400y - 1.jpg
      Sako at 400y - 1.jpg
      899.7 KB · Views: 58
    • Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
      Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
      357 KB · Views: 133
    Reactions: Bevo
    I have a custom quad in a McMillan A5 stock with a Lilja heavy bbl in 22lr, and a Lilja 17 M2 tapered bbl for hunting. It is one of my most accurate rifles and I have some very accurate rifles. As a hunter, it is heavy. Often too heavy for me to want to lug it around all day. But it depends on the type of hunting I am doing. As a shooter, it is great. Capable of hitting tgts as far out as 400y. It makes a good trainer for my centerfire rifle which is equipped with the same scope and similar stock.
    Glad my rifle was doin' good for you.

I wish I could've kept it. A lot of good rifles went down the road that year. :(