• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Range Trigger Adjustment

Rolltide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2003
East Tennessee
www.rimfiretactical.com
I posted this on RimfireCentral, but wanted to ask here as well since there are several Quad shooters here...

I've had this Quad Range for several years and always enjoy shooting it, but lately, I've decided to start shooting a few matches with it.

I usually shoot NRL22 and rimfire PRS matches with one of my Vudoo's, but I plan to take the Quad to a match or two this year...

Since each stage typically has 10 - 15 targets, time is a factor, so pushing the trigger forward before firing each time isn't ideal...at least not to me.

I've shot the rifle without setting the trigger first and it's not great. I'd like to find a way to lower the pull weight and make it a little crisper than it is.

I've done several searches on RFC, Snipershide as well as a basic Google search, but haven't been able to find anything on this.

Is there a way to adjust the trigger pull when I don't want to use the set trigger?

Replace your factory single-stage Quad trigger with a Timney Tikka T-3 trigger.

Assuming you like a quality two-stage trigger, this a possible option.

My setup has a total 1+2 stage pull weight of around 12 oz. YMMV.

Last edited:
Replace your factory single-stage Quad trigger with a Timney Tikka T-3 trigger.

Assuming you like a quality two-stage trigger, this a possible option.

My setup has a total 1+2 stage pull weight of around 12 oz. YMMV.
Have you replaced a Quad trigger with the Timney?

KOD,
Have you seen the new Reborn FN 9mm High power?

I put a lighter spring in my Sako Q R but I didn't think it needed an entirely new trigger. Probably got it from evil-bay.

Hey,

Out of the box the trigger is heavy, and from my own perspective the set trigger causes the rifle to tremble more on the actual trigger pull than the normal trigger. My gunsmith replaced the original spring with new one and polished something inside, it is noticeably better now.

Still thinking about upgrading though.

KOD,
Have you seen the new Reborn FN 9mm High power?

I put a lighter spring in my Sako Q R but I didn't think it needed an entirely new trigger. Probably got it from evil-bay.
I've heard about it but not seen it yet. I'll have to check it out.

KOD,
I have not seen it yet either, I just heard about it last night. I just remember you saying you would like one with the
tangent sights. I was thinking so would I. I wonder if they were smart enough to revive the nostalgic tangent sight?

KOD,
I have some guns you may like..... I don't think we can discuses them openly.... Your welcome to PM me or better still
my email. My SH connection is very slow. My glider image has the email if you have lost it.
My latest find is below. A Walther UIT Super. I think it's a 1980 based on the IA date code.

Attachments

• pix506500092.jpg
    pix506500092.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 65
  • FALCON 195 & EMAIL.JPG
    FALCON 195 & EMAIL.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 55
  • Wow
Reactions: Easa
The trigger on my quad hunter isn’t bad at all after I adjusted it. I didn’t realize the range had a set trigger

EASA,
James has another UIT Super among some other nice iron.
I have his ph # if you want it. I dont know If the SH rules allow me to publish it here ??

Thanks everyone!

I pulled the stock off and adjusted the screw on the front of the trigger and I'm under 16 ounces now...and the set trigger still works if I want to use it. It's not a TT Diamond or a 5018 from Anschutz...but it will definitely work!

Reactions: obx22
Thanks everyone!

I pulled the stock off and adjusted the screw on the front of the trigger and I'm under 16 ounces now...and the set trigger still works if I want to use it. It's not a TT Diamond or a 5018 from Anschutz...but it will definitely work!
Glad ya got it worked out👍

Reactions: Rolltide