• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako quad torque specs?

bob7-08

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
EU
Hello all,

i just buy a sako quad with a 17 mach 2 and 22lr barrel and don't know what is the torque for the allen screw which catch the barrel and for the 2 screws which catch the action in the stock;

I buy it used but the previous owner dn't know it and can't find any info on sako's website,Could you help me please?

With mine I used to just do hand-tight and that seemed to work perfectly fine. Try it and see how it works, just don't overtighten.

I find it more important to set the headspace by closing the bolt on a fired case when changes barrels. I just tighten the bolt to tight. Not damn tight or f-ing tight. I have tried a lot of different things to find out what makes a difference with these guns and what doesn't and the most important thing with minemfor consistency is the headspace