• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako S20 precision

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
I know this things are pretty new but has anyone had hands on one? Or any opinions? They look pretty neat but does is the price justifiable?

Sorry, no hands-on experience. Just in general, Sako quality and engineering beats all the inexpensive rifles.

Reactions: Islas82
Sorry, no hands-on experience. Just in general, Sako quality and engineering beats all the inexpensive rifles.
Yea I doubt there’ll be any “hands on” experience being that it was just introduced but all I read an seen seems very interesting.

I know there is a huge price difference, but if you had the choice between the TRG-22 and the Sako S20 precision, would you lose much going with the S20 vs the TRG-22?

reviving an old thread, . . .
any trip reports, from those who've bought one?

just handled the precision model in 6.5cr, yesterday at cabelas, and I am intrigued

looking to get my first 6.5 creedmore
intended use is general use long range shooting, out to 1,000 yards, and rarely a mile.

want to eventually delve into some prs style matches
this would be just a fun hobby, so can't justify $3k+

limited to what cabelas / bass pro has in stock, as I have about 1,400 cabelas bucks saved up on my card

had thought of getting a tikka tac a1 , but they aren't there, and can only be "wish listed", and not even "ordered"
had thought of getting a tikka tx3 lite, then adding a mdt or krg chassis, probably comes out to same price. but as good??

s-20 advantage is out of box stock adjustability, and a very accurate rifle
s-20 should be able to fit into an aftermarket chassis, later if I want?

s-20 barrels :
have they released the thicker barrel, for swaps?
would aftermarket heavier contour barrels fit the fore-end???

if cabelas had a chassis for tikka's (even if it were the Magpul like they have for r700's, then that would b egreat
trying to keep out of pocket cash to a minimum, and maximize use of those cabelas bucks

appreciate any thoughts on my decision process
appreciate any updates from those who have bought the s-20

Reactions: Islas82
reviving an old thread, . . .
any trip reports, from those who've bought one?

just handled the precision model in 6.5cr, yesterday at cabelas, and I am intrigued

looking to get my first 6.5 creedmore
intended use is general use long range shooting, out to 1,000 yards, and rarely a mile.

want to eventually delve into some prs style matches
this would be just a fun hobby, so can't justify $3k+

limited to what cabelas / bass pro has in stock, as I have about 1,400 cabelas bucks saved up on my card

had thought of getting a tikka tac a1 , but they aren't there, and can only be "wish listed", and not even "ordered"
had thought of getting a tikka tx3 lite, then adding a mdt or krg chassis, probably comes out to same price. but as good??

s-20 advantage is out of box stock adjustability, and a very accurate rifle
s-20 should be able to fit into an aftermarket chassis, later if I want?

s-20 barrels :
have they released the thicker barrel, for swaps?
would aftermarket heavier contour barrels fit the fore-end???

if cabelas had a chassis for tikka's (even if it were the Magpul like they have for r700's, then that would b egreat
trying to keep out of pocket cash to a minimum, and maximize use of those cabelas bucks

appreciate any thoughts on my decision process
appreciate any updates from those who have bought the s-20
From what I have seen on that rifle it doesn’t seem like there’s aftermarket support intended for it, what you see is what you get but I could be wrong. Might be a better idea to get a CTR sell the factory stock and magazine and but an aftermarket chassis if thats your purpose in the future.

It's a Sako.🎯
I have a TRG, and you simply can't fault it.
I know someone that is receiving a S20 next week or so, looking forward to having a look.
Maybe the Tikka TAC A1 may suit you better, those things are very good.
Worth waiting for.
Or a CTR, or Super Varmint.
Then you can get a different chassis that will fit.
I have never met anyone that didn't enjoy using, or regret buying a Sako... or Tikka, for that matter.
Maybe you really need to decide which avenue you will go down first.
I've never really understood why someone wouldn't just buy the rifle/chassis that they wanted straight away, instead of bastardising a perfectly good rifle.
Hope you enjoy whatever you decide.

the only ctr's cabelas carry are the .308's :(
Considering cash flow, and nearly 1,400 Cabelas bucks to spend there, kinda feel like I have a limited pool to select from
Or wait six more months
If funds weren’t an issue, I think I’d plunge into a masterpiece arms competition chassis

I've just had a look at a S20.
It's arrived at my local gunshop.
This model is not modular, however they are expecting a modular version to be available soon.
Damn!
It's beautifully balanced with the silky smooth action, and crisp adjustable trigger, so expected of a Sako.
The finish is exceptional.
The integrated stock /pistol grip is great.
I reckon this will be easy to tab around the hills with.
Oh so pretty.

Reactions: perttime
The TRG is quite a bit heavier than the S20 barrel, I don't know the exact dimensions though.

Seems the s20 is a precision rifles

TRG is built for gov contracts, so minute of man good nuff, though I know TRGs are nice

But I’d take a Sako built for private party level precision, over gov contracts
Really?

The S20 is a slimmed down sporterized version of the TRG. It's called Precision, the stock, but isn't anything more than the Hunter model.

Sako doesn't produce any rifles explicitly with the intention of precision other than the TRG. They give a five shot 1 MOA guarantee on all of their rifles.

Is the TRG the end all factory precision rifles? No. But saying the S20 is purposefully built more for precision than the TRG is mis-/uninformed.

It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Always my field of fucks to give is barren

It was interesting comparing some of the more target competition sakos to the one TRG I shot, guess the s20 is different

Seems the s20 is a precision rifles

TRG is built for gov contracts, so minute of man good nuff, though I know TRGs are nice

But I’d take a Sako built for private party level precision, over gov contracts
1664897764377.jpeg