• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22 6.5cm

Weatherby_Eyebrow

- -
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
Oregon
I was saving for a 6mm Creedmoor but came across a dusty but new TRG 22 old version in 6.5 for 2k. Am i crazy for not adopting it on the spot for that price?

Shoot out the factory then go 6mm?

Buy it and KRGitize it then still save for the 6 Creed. OR get it and have SAC do a 6 Creed barrel for it. The modular action wrench has a head for the TRG.

Otherwise I’d be in line for it too.

Reactions: mwd92870
Purchased! It was at my local Cabelas, been there 5 years they said, discount after discount.

A bit backed up here on the BG queue so 2 weeks wait unfortunately.

Reactions: charnicus
TRGs are awesome, the trigger on them is great. Now all you need to do is get some KRG goodies for it and probably a Spuhr direct mount as well.
This is mine before I swiched the scope over to a Kahles.

1634097192065.png

Can any of you fellas confirm that the factory scope base is 0 MOA? I'm still waiting on the "instant" background check so I can't look at it. Did I read that right that it's epoxied on?

I'll need to get my extra 6 Mils from the rings/mount. I've read a lot about NEAR bases but I can't seem to figure any reason to abandon the factory base if I can get my extra in the mount anyway. I suppose if anything I could take off the base and use the dovetail to remove extra things to go wrong.

Thank You

Love my TRGs, got 6 of them... here's the oldest and the newest! I did get a bunch of Sako branded Sphurs, might swap some things around. On the newer ones with PIC rails. I had also gotten the folder back end with 50% off last month. Tan model, which I have in a TRG-22.

trg-old.jpeg

trg-m10.jpeg

Love my TRGs, got 6 of them... here's the oldest and the newest! I did get a bunch of Sako branded Sphurs, might swap some things around. On the newer ones with PIC rails. I had also gotten the folder back end with 50% off last month. Tan model, which I have in a TRG-22.

View attachment 7722950

View attachment 7722951
Nice Rigs!

If I end up with 6 at least I won't have to hide the next 5 from my wife!

Great price, I would have been all over that!

Lucky for me it got lost for 5 years in a wall of guns and even after several rounds of discounts still had no takers. A few scuffs but now I don't have to worry about it :)

One of my TRG-42's came from 'Field and Stream' the Dicks superstore under similar circumstances. Sitting around forever... got a few handling marks on it, went back and forth with the manger got another 10% off their blowout price. Never saw another TRG in that store after that.

Can you believe as excited as the GM was to get rid of this rifle he still wouldn't budge on the limit 1 Primers!

About 2 years ago, I walk into my local chain outdoor sport store. They got the TRG-22 sat behind the counter and I ask the staff can I take a look at it. She said , u know that’s a 4 thousand dollars rifle that I can’t let you handle it.

About 2 years ago, I walk into my local chain outdoor sport store. They got the TRG-22 sat behind the counter and I ask the staff can I take a look at it. She said , u know that’s a 4 thousand dollars rifle that I can’t let you handle it.
Wow, what great customer service!

Great find, OP. Incredible price on a fantastic rifle. My TRG in 6.5 is, bar none, my favorite rifle I have ever owned. As well as the most accurate. I suggest shooting that factory 6.5 barrel out before you even think about rebarreling it - I bet that it is a laser.

Enjoy and give us a range report.

Enjoy!

Great find, OP. Incredible price on a fantastic rifle. My TRG in 6.5 is, bar none, my favorite rifle I have ever owned. As well as the most accurate. I suggest shooting that factory 6.5 barrel out before you even think about rebarreling it - I bet that it is a laser.

Enjoy and give us a range report.

Enjoy!
Thanks and will do. Any factory rounds you can recommend that your rifle likes?

If it has a factory sako 3 ring scope mount take a look at it before you decide to buy something else, mine is not a 0 cant, it has something like 24moa cant.

If it has a factory sako 3 ring scope mount take a look at it before you decide to buy something else, mine is not a 0 cant, it has something like 24moa cant.
No Scope mount, just a base. This is a new rifle so only the accessories that come with it.

I’ve got three… 1 x 22 and 2 x 42 TRGs.

Spuhr makes a direct mount for the receiver of the 22/42.

Otherwise, Richard Near out of Canada makes flawless rails for the TRG rifles.

Purchased! It was at my local Cabelas, been there 5 years they said, discount after discount.

A bit backed up here on the BG queue so 2 weeks wait unfortunately.
Amazing the deals you can find it at Cabela’s.

Seems like the gun cave always had stuff under priced as well as Wayover priced.

Congrats that TRG will be a hammer.

Reactions: GBMaryland
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the rails... their alpha mount is awesome....