• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22 Bolt in TRG 42?

Numn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2009
UT
I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. Seems that I've read about this in the past but have searched and can't find a definitive answer.

I currently own a TRG42 and there are times that the .338LM is a 'little' overkill for the situation. I like the TRG42 enough that I have considered a TRG22; however, I'm wondering if it makes sense to have a 'switch-barrel' TRG so I can use .308 or maybe even .243, from the same base platform, when applicable to the situation.

Is it possible and if so what components are required? Does it make sense or is it a bad idea to swap barrels a few times a year and at the cost of Sako components is it less expensive to just buy a TRG22?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sako TRG 22 Bolt in TRG 42?

Short answer is that you should not be able to use the 22 bolt in the 42. I am almost positive it is shorter in length.

Re: Sako TRG 22 Bolt in TRG 42?

On a related question, could the 300 wm bolt be used as is or modified to use with a 308 round? That would just require a barrel, bolt, and then some way to make the mags work.